All reviews lotus restaurant seared tuna water taxi west end four bedrooms fire pit outstanding staff dawn and dusk roatan divers grocery store fishing trip kayaks and paddle boards ate most meals zip line other guests beautiful island of roatan full kitchen
Reviewed May 7, 2018

This was the second visit for us to visit Xbalanque and I look forward to the next visit! Great facility with excellent food. I hate to call the great folks there "staff" as they feel more like family to us. We stayed 6 nights this time and really didn't want to leave. If you need to relax and recharge, this is the perfect place. If you want to go do fun things, I'm sure that Genesis and the folks can make that happen as well but we wanted to rest, read a book, be spoiled, get some Sun, and enjoy some beverages. Food was spectacular. Beautiful facility, very clean, great food, great people. All very professional and would be welcome at my home!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank rogersmith61
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

We always enjoy your stay with us and you are home. I appreciate you as a guest and
thank you for coming.
Mi casa es su casa.

Reviewed May 4, 2018

We have been to the resort three times and as a family has really enjoyed the hospitality, attention to detail and beauty of the grounds. The food, staff and activities make everything come together. Our boys enjoy fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling. Our daughter enjoyed laying out by the pool. When you go in town, there are cute shops and restaurants- but you might not want to leave!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Deana C
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

HI Deana,

It was great seeing you and your family again. I am glad you had a good time and were able to relax
and the guys enjoyed fishing. Xbalanque is a perfect place for families, there is something for everyone.
I hope next time you can get in the kitchen to cook your delicious meatballs.
I hope to see you again soon at Xbalanque.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best trips I have ever taken! The resort was absolutely fantastic! The staff was terrific, food was great and the location could not be any more perfect! I would definitely return again and back to this resort. We moved half way through to another and we missed Grand Roatan so much!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

It was our pleasure to have you at Xbalanque. Roatan is such a beautiful island with so many adventures to experience.
Xbalanque is the perfect location if you want to be close to the hustle and bustle but want to come back to a more
relaxing atmosphere and to be pampered. I am very fortunate to have a wonderful staff who care about our guests.
I hope you come back to see us soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

My wife and I stayed at Xbalanque for 18 days this February/March; this was our second time at this beautiful resort. You can read my first review from two years ago titled “Xbalanque is a Modern Contemporary Resort” using this link. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g944573-d2462361-Reviews-Xbalanque_Resort-West_Bay_Roatan_Bay_Islands.html#REVIEWS

My first review was extremely descriptive so I am not going to write about the same things. You should really read my first review because it is very detailed. At the risk of being repetitive from my first review, this resort is beautiful. After spending 34 total days over two trips at Xbalanque, I can tell you that the resort is even more spectacular than the pictures indicate.

Highlights of this trip

We spent a lot of time on Xbalanque’s private dock this trip. We sat in lounge chairs under the palapa, listened to music and watched the boats go by for hours on end, sipping our drinks. This is also the place that we enjoyed watching many sunsets from. There are multiple lounge chairs on the dock and two hammocks. Part of the dock is exposed for people wanting to get sun, while a large portion of the dock is covered by a palapa for those people that want some shade. You can look right over the edge of the dock and see multiple varieties of fish swimming around.

There is a beautiful separate building on the beach for massages. The staff at Xbalanque arranged to have a masseuse come to the resort and give us massages which was really great. They also offer other spa services.

This trip we did a few snorkeling boat trips, but for the most part we just relaxed. If you read my first review then you know we did incredible adventures every day on that trip, since we had our boys with us. This trip was just my wife and I, and it was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever taken.

The owner of the resort is Patsy and she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She is from North Carolina and she is full of southern hospitality mixed with a Caribbean flair. She is a wonderful host and Patsy, along with her staff, will take total care of your every need. Randy is a long time employee and he always made us feel comfortable during both of our trips. Ask Randy to sing for you and you will be impressed. This trip we met two additional staff named Mike and William, who also offered us outstanding service.

One day, other guests at the resort went out on a fishing expedition arranged by Xbalanque. They came back with tuna that was cut up right on the dock. It was prepared by the chef here and we all enjoyed it. What a unique experience!

The location of this resort is perfect for people that want to be on a quiet, non-crowded beach, while being only a 5 minute water taxi ride to West Bay or West End. You can actually walk to West Bay from Xbalanque right on the beach in about 10 – 15 minutes. These two towns are great places to visit and hang out in, but I would not want to stay in these areas due to the large tourist crowds, loud music from beach bars and people partying into the night. Xbalanque is the perfect balance of tranquility, with easy access to two of the most popular areas on the island. I cannot over emphasize the peacefulness of this location. You cannot go wrong staying at Xbalanque!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CaliforniaBryan
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

HI Brian,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Xbalanque. We value you as a guest and have really enjoyed you and Donna at the resort. It is great people like you that make Xbalanque a special place.
We are honored that even though you don't visit places twice, you chose to return to Xbalanque.
We will continue to strive to meet your expectations and look forward for your return.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

In researching places for our honeymoon I stumbled upon Xbalanque and my wife and I couldn’t have been happier with our experience. The attentiveness of the team at Xbalanque was exceptional from stepping off of the airplane. They had a driver at the airport waiting for us upon landing and when we arrived at the resort Genesis and the Xbalanque staff ensured our needs were taken care of throughout our stay. We stayed in one of the 3rd floor condos for 7 days and enjoyed amazing ocean views with some of the most beautiful sunsets we have ever seen.

When researching online in the past for places to stay I have found sometimes the pictures you see hide the the true picture that you see in person. What we found though with Xbalanque was that in person it was even more spectacular. Patsy the owner was very helpful through the booking process and we were happy to get to briefly meet her and her husband during our stay. You can see her passion in design throughout the resort.

One of the concerns we had after booking our trip was that we booked our stay unknowingly during Semana Santa(Holy Week) one of the busiest weeks for visitors on Roatan. However Xbalanque is located so perfectly between West End and West Bay on a quite stretch of beach that we never really noticed it was busy. We were close enough to walk or take a water taxi to West End or West Bay and retreat back to the serenity of our home base.

Lotus the restaurant at the resort had the best food we ate on the island and the restaurant staff was very friendly and personable. We were also fortunate to join another couple on a fishing trip and a sailing/ snorkeling trip that the resort concierge arranged for us that left right from the resorts dock to catch fresh tuna and experience some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean.

We were very happy to have stumbled upon Xbalanque in our research and would highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patsy B, Owner at Xbalanque Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

HI robb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was our pleasure to have you at Xbalanque and an honor that you chose us for your honeymoon. I am glad I got to meet you.
I am happy you caught tuna and were able to eat it several hours after. You can't beat fresh ahi tuna. Josue fixes the best.
I hope you will keep us in mind for future trips and hope to see you on your anniversary!