“Fabulous Stay!”
other travellers have booked this property
Incredibly private!
An easy walk to the keyhole L'Alizé with keyhole in background
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Incredibly private!
An easy walk to the keyhole
L'Alizé with keyhole in background
A pool with a view and a breeze
Beignets anyone?
View of L'Alize from Hillside
Iron shore on South shore at mouth of Keyhole
Iron-shore turquoise waters from Nature trail
Kayaks heading out of the keyhole cove
Iron-shore South  side of island
Guestroom #4 1st level
Guest room 2  on 3rd level King
Cottage
Going fishing with Kayak
Dining area with living room and kitchen in background
Nature trail through Mangroves
1st level kitchen and patio
dining room with view
Master bath
Kitchen 2nd level
Beach on North shore minutes away
Pool at dusk with Carribean Sea
Keyhole view from 2nd level porch
view of L'Alizè from garden adjacent to beach
dining
Lalize at dusk
Slack lining across path to keyhole
Location of Lalize in relation to Roatan Internation Airport
New pool furniture
New Toyota minibus, seats 15. A great way to see the island.
Pasta primavera with a smile
Try our lemon zest Beignets
Oreo torte, Delicious!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kate A
Columbus
“Fabulous Stay!”
Reviewed January 14, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We stayed at L'Alize during the first week of January and had a wonderful time. We loved the house and everything was as expected based on the photos. It was the perfect layout for our family - we could house the 20 somethings together on the 1st floor and the older adults had their own spaces on the 3 floor and the cottage.

The house is in a great location atop a breezy hill with wonderful cross winds. It kept everything cool and the bugs at bay when sitting out on the balconies but you definitely need bug spray to explore the grounds and the keyholes. We were very fortunate to have wonderful weather during rainy season but without fail it rained every night after dark which lulled us to sleep. If it was too windy the outdoor furniture blows around.

The keyhole beach is pretty and well maintained but when we were there the waves were too rough for us to snorkel or use kayaks but we did ride the waves a bit but shoes in the water are a must.

Edi / Olga also took great care of us. They were always around but very unobtrusive and tended to issues fast.. We had Olga and her lovely children cook for us. She made us an amazing breakfast of beignets, lemon cake and fruit and than for dinner - she made yummy fried chicken, plantains, rice & beans and salad. This cost is very reasonable and is taken out of your deposit at the end.

We were close to West End and West Bay and took advantage of these areas to explore and we made a trip to Little French Key (Thanks Tish for the recommendation!) which was the highlight of our trip.

I would highly recommend this rental on Roatan. Its fabulous, impeccably maintained and well equipped. It has everything you ever would need although we tried to stay away from wifi and electronic devices - we did use the Apple TV at night to gather for movies. They even provided phones for us to take with us programmed with all of their numbers if we needed them while out on day trips. Which was nice to have.

Thanks for an experience our family will never forget!

The Addison Family (From freezing Columbus, Ohio)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and the service
Liked least: There is nothing I did not like
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 30, 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy and isolation of the property as well as the keyhole beach access
Liked least: The distance from restaurants and cafes on Flowers Bay and West Bay
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Caitlin_P...
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“An Exclusive Island Haven of Beauty and Comfort: the Perfect Vacation Destination”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The on-line pictures of L'Alize accurately portray the layout, furnishings, and amenities of this house. What the pictures utterly fail to express is L'Alize's peaceful spirit, cohesive artistry, and natural wonders that encompass one's senses upon entering this space. Indeed, pictures and words are completely inadequate in comparison with the satisfaction of being here and experiencing this lovely home (it is much more a home than a house) and its lovely Roatan environment.

My husband Patrick and I spent our honeymoon at L'Alize from June 28 - July 5, 2014, and every aspect of our vacation was thoroughly enjoyable. The staff of L'Alize is tremendous. Orsy provided safe and efficient transportation from the airport, to the grocery store, and then to L'Alize. As other reviewers have noted, it is most convenient to get any groveries prior to arriving at L'Alize; when you walk through the front door, soaking in the beauty and calm of this haven will be the only thing you want to do!
Olga and Eddi are very hospitable, and our bags were brought in and groceries put away in a moment's time. Olga offered to cook for us, and I am sure that her dishes would have been excellent (a great convenient option to have a week off from cooking!). However, Patrick and I both enjoy cooking, so we took advantage of Roatan's abundant supply of fresh, local produce and concocted various dishes in both the well-stocked kitchen and outdoor charcoal grill. It is a huge benefit that L'Alize's water is drinkable, a rare and treasured feature in this area.

The house pool was often our chosen place to relax in the sun or coool off in the water, and Eddi kept this area in immaculate condition, which was not an easy task with the exceptionally windy weather that we had. The wind made it difficult to snorkel at L'Alize's lovely, private keyhole beach, but we saw a wide enough variety of sea life to deduce that this is typically an excellent place for snorkeling. When snorkeling at the house is not possible, calm water is only a short drive away at West Bay, which also offers a plethora of sea life not far from shore. L'Alize has snorkeling equipment available upon request, which is very convenient (especially when you can walk from the back door and snorkel in the keyhole!) and helpful in providing flexibility for the guests and avoiding costly resort rentals.

While L'Alize provides household and living essentials like a well-stocked hotel or island vacation house, the atmosphere at L'Alize is such that would be very difficult to find elsewhere. The space is designed with and enhanced by a fusion of Nature and man-inspired by Nature by which we hope guests are captivated and rejuvenated for years to come. Sip the rich roast of Honduran coffee as the morning sun shimmers over the keyhole waves. Stare at an endless canvas of stars with the cooling alize (tradewinds) flowing over the master balcony through the night. We are so happy that we chose to spend our honeymoon at this very special place, and we hope that L'Alize continues to welcome guests for many more years!

P.S. - There are two cell phones available for use (ask the wonderful manager Tish) that will provide communication needs for taxi, staff, etc. We highly recommend that you use these and turn off all other technology (even better, leave it at home). You do not want to miss a second of this wonderful place!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful setting, privacy, accessibility to beach, attentive staff
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
4 Aug 2014
Like you I enjoy cooking and so would not opt for help in the kitchen when it is offered.
We have made it a point at L’Alize to stock the kitchen like a cook would like it largely because I like to cook. But about a year ago I started training Olga to cook for guests, because this was such a popular request, and understandably so. (Although a honeymoon is a little different. I understand why one would not want help when cooking for 2. ) When hosting a large group of 8 or more, cooking help on a vacation is a definite plus.
Surprisingly I have not used Olga’s cooking services, until this week when I had my family and some college friends visiting our sons who were home on summer break. What a great idea that turned out to be.
In spite of liking to cook I made the decision to have Olga prepare all our meals. I thought this would allow me more time to enjoy my family as I would not have to be on duty the entire week thinking about the next meal, where we should eat out, or what groceries should be purchased etc. It was an eye opening experience.
We arrived late on the afternoon ferry, to the perfectly clean and ready home where I just sat and enjoyed the view, which is really all you want to do when you first arrive, while a lovely home cooked meal just appeared on the table. Olga quietly left us to enjoy the meal.
The next day when Olga and her sister came to make breakfast they tidied up our attempts at cleaning the night before and made beignets.
I realized on this trip that liking to cook does not mean you like bearing the responsibility of planning every meal with a large group of people. I was very relieved to have Olga’s competent help. Additionally I think Olga ends up saving you money by doing the grocery shopping. I go to the usual U.S. style grocery stores and purchase what I know and like, which can be quite expensive on Roatan.
Olga goes to the market and finds just what is required for the meals and shops where the locals shop, getting the items they know well at the best prices. (She gives you the receipts to repay her directly)
I believe that even paying for the week of meals and getting the food (she takes a taxi), I recouped what I would have spent had I done the shopping for our group.
Her meals are typical Honduran. If your group likes trying new things, you will be very pleased. She makes fish, poultry, pork or meat with just the right spices (if you like spicy she will make it more spicy on request). She makes tortillas, corn or flour (often both types in one meal), beans and rice that are perfectly seasoned local veggies and always has a salad.
If you like to grill, you may ask her to prepare the chicken or fish for grilling and you can handle that grilling while she makes the other dishes and prepares the table.

When you arrive you would still need to purchase drinks (I recommend a bag of ice) and some snacks, but Olga’s cooking and shopping takes a big load off.
We mostly asked her to prepare supper and breakfasts. She made so much food that we had leftovers for lunch.
It gave us the autonomy we needed to be able to cook up leftovers when we liked.
Some of us made salads or sandwiches from the left over fish or chicken. You may still want to go out to eat, but you won't feel compelled to from hunger. You will not be hungry.
If you go deep sea fishing Olga will gladly prepare your fish.
She prepared grouper my son caught. It was excellent. We had so much fish we used it for two meals and sent some home with her.
Overall it was a great week for mom who got a break from cooking and didn’t miss it a bit, and everyone was very pleased with the tasty and abundant food.
Flower Mound
Reviewed March 13, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
4 Aug 2014
Thank you for this thoughtful review.
The van we offer guests to rent, is practical for going between the nearby beaches, (West Bay 1 mile , West End 6 miles) but is a bit of a gas guzzler (12m/gal) for longer distances. Added to this is the reality that gas on the island is around $5.
If one plans to do a lot of site seeing on the island you can hire a driver (Orsy our driver does this as well). This takes much of the stress out of traveling around on the tortuous island roads. With Orsy you don’t need to know exact direction because Orsy knows all the cool places on the island and he has a nice spacious van (Seats 13).
The other option for getting around on the island is Econo rental car. They have late model cars which are fuel efficient and fun to drive, but most are standard transmission. They cost around $350 /wk but you will save on gas.
grapevine tx

CA
Reviewed January 29, 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing