Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort
Foster's West Bay(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$98
US$611
West Bay Lodge and Spa(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$122
US$398
US$212
  • Breakfast included
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$197
Hotels.com
US$264
Orbitz.com
US$697
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Beach Hotel(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$152
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
1,355 results
All reviewsthirsty turtlevintage pearlgarden cabanacrab racesmovie nightfire dancerslive musiccruise shipwest endlaid backfun activitiesoffice staffcoconut shrimpfishgreat divingspecial thanksthe wait staff
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The bar was good, friendly and attentive staff. Dive staff went out of their way to be helpful, overall the best bit is the people working there. Let down, on the whole by average accommodation. Ritz it ain't, but bang for buck it certainly is.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank m0jito
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Recently returned from a cruise day at Bananarama. We had previously stayed at Island Pearl and Bananarama so we decided to go for their $30 beach break package which included transportation from the cruise dock, loungers, and a free drink. This is a good deal as it cost as much just for a taxi from Mohogany Bay. So the lounger and drink where freebies. You are basically treated as one of the family once you arrive. As we had been to WB the last 4 years, the staff remembers you and truly appreciates seeing travellers come back. Our favorite server, Carolina, absolutely ran up to us and hugged us as we walked in! This is why we come back to Roatan. It really is a family thing.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank seeyakids
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We were able to travel back to Banarama this past June and found the Banarama just as charming as previous visits. Our family loved the nightly events and participated in all of them, great family fun. The food is still the best on the island, no need to go anywhere but the Thirsty Turtle. Managers, Richardo and Cori are doing a great job and always visible from first thing in the morning till closing. The staff becomes your family for the week and we never went without. The dive shop is hands down the best. After not being in the water for two years they made me feel relaxed and I had some great dives, actually doing better than any previous dives. I can't imagine going anywhere else on Roatan and look forward to returning, either as a couple or a family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveTheTortuga
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I had an amazing experience at Bananarama. The rooms have a nice feel to them, all wood, clean and well kept. Air conditioning worked great, maids did a great job everyday and overall a very comfortable time in the hotel. The hotel service was also fantastic, refilling our water very quickly when we needed it, addressing any small issues we had. The location itself is also fantastic, as you walk out of the room to the bar/grill (Thirsty Turtle) you're greeted with a beautiful beach and clear water. The service at the Thirst Turtle was exceptional, as the food was prompt and service friendly. I would like to emphasize how nice the service was, as I never had an issue and felt very welcome. Except for the maids, everyone spoke English well and communication was never a hinderance.

I went for the diving experience and did the Open Water Course with the dive center. It was my first time diving and I loved it. I was nervous at the start but the instructors are all very friendly, knowledgable, patient and serious. When underwater I felt like I could trust my Divemaster, which is a relief for beginners. They do their best to provide the best experience each day. I also went on a bunch of recreational dives after the course and this really opened up the experience for me. If you feel comfortable, I would highly recommend the night dive and shark dive. The night dive allows you to see different creatures and structures, and the water has bioluminescent plankton that light up temporarily when you move through the water. It's something that has to be seen. The shark dive is also very cool, as you go within a close proximity of sharks while they swim around and feed on some fish heads. If you're lucky you can touch one when swimming with them (I didn't get to) and possibly find some shark teeth.

I have few complaints, perhaps I could point out a slow wireless internet service but that is just nit picking.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anup T
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We had an amazing time relaxing, swimming, diving, snorkeling, long walks on the beach, and enjoying the hospitality of the entire staff at Bananarama. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: August 2011