My husband and I traveled to the Bananarama two years ago and had a most magical time. It had been our goal to take our children (teenagers) and this past April we were able to do it. What a wonderful time we all had. The property was just as we remembered with some improvements (if you could improve on perfection). The new bar and restaurant, The Thirsty Turtle was complete. The food was great. We have a hard time satisfying five different tastes here in the US but we were all happy with the selection and taste. They have a smoker on prem and the meat out of that is delicious (ribs are yummy). And I know I'll never find a whole fish that was as delicious as the one they serve there, a local snapper. Just as before the home made tortillas are wonderful and we ordered them every meal. The staff is so gracious. They made us feel so welcome and comfortable. They go out of their way to accommodate and made the children feel so special. We connected daily with so many of them, Carolina, Tim, Emil, Puma, etc.....too many to list.
The kids are not certified divers and even though we have encouraged them to do so they showed no interest until this trip. The dive staff is wonderful. Cori, one of the instructors at Bananarama took them through the short course and out on their first dive. She was so good with them and now they are hooked. We were actually able to dive with them (Cori led the dive) on a non certified dive and could not believe how comfortable she had them. Kudos to Cori! The kids now want to go back and have Cori certify them.
West Bay Beach is probably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and we had is right at our feet with our stay at Bananarama. I couldn't have asked for anything more on this trip.
Oh, I forgot to mention the accommodations. At this beautiful place we spent little time in our room but we did have a room to sleep all five of us. The air conditioning is great for a good nights sleep. Room is kept clean and they are prompt with any requests. The kids loved the hammock on the porch and now we have our very own Roatan hammock in our back yard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras