Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,464 results
All reviews san simon a la carte restaurants la sirenas fish west end all inclusive package living room cruise excursion bottled water dive resort all inclusives full kitchen the wait staff beautiful pool ceviche great vacation spent a week
Selected filters
Reviewed February 21, 2021

We spent a week at the resort with a group of 12 divers. I can't say enough about our dive crew, Mark and Andy. They were awesome. It's a valet service dive experience and Mark & Andy delivered. They went above and beyond helping my husband with a new mask that was fogging up. I could go on and on about the 15 dives but will leave it with a 5 star recommendation!

Service at the resort was outstanding. Strong attention to Covid precautions including mask use enforcement in a professional manner. Call out to Rand, part of the terrific waitstaff that served us during the week. Until his day off at the end of the week I felt like he was there for every meal and drink.

Room was clean, bed comfy and we appreciated the excellent housekeeping service. Front desk staff eager to help.

The only thing that tempted me to go less than 5 stars was the food but not because it was bad. Anything we had at the buffet was tasty but lunch options were more like dinner. We would have liked some lighter, sandwich type, options. There is a burger/hot dog/pizza restaurant but not what we were looking for. At the other two sit-down restaurants expect a slow, leisurely experience.

We would definitely return.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed February 14, 2021

Left a very expensive bathing suit in our room. I know for a fact it was there because we packed and left for the airport. We text the maid supervisor who said it was not in the room. Hard to believe.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed February 13, 2021

Spent another 2 weeks of Covid social distancing at the Mayan Princess! What can I say, this was our second stay at MP and another excellent experience, even during the current pandemic. Property had multiple measures in place to keep the staff and guests as safe as possible with hand sanitation, face masks worn by all and evident cleaning; felt safer at PM than at home. From reservations with Victoria, check in with Olive, to bar service by Rony and Jasmine, Breakfast coffee with Demara, Beach service by Roger and Wilmar and everyone in between, the service was fantastic.

Rooms were comfortable and clean and room housekeeping available whenever needed. Food was plentiful and appealing and can't say enough about their pork ribs and Island Ceviche that I still wish I could get the recipe to make at home. The one caveat was the temperature of the buffet that may have been corrected mid stay as initially the food was not as hot as it could have been.
Ate at the special restaurants on many occasions, again with excellent food.

Already planning another trip for next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room tip: Both pool side and beach front and both are wonderful. We prefer a second floor, but stairs may be intimidating for elderly persons.
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank First_Timer
Reviewed January 19, 2021

Friendly, convenient (Everything was located on the premises), the people were so fun and kind. It was pretty modern, the rooms were huge, and everything was very clean! The pool was INCREDIBLE. Sadly it rained the first ½ of our trip but it didn’t really phase us due to the convenience of everything. Plus they were awesome and had umbrellas for our adventures.

Room tip: The Rooms were larger than I expected.
Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed January 11, 2021

This hotel was a WOW from the start. It is incredibly beautiful. My family and I came during Christmas, and they even had it all decorated for the holidays – it was beautiful! It was really clean, and well built.

Unfortunately it rained quite a lot the first couple days we were there, but we hardly noticed because the amenities were so accessible. We spent most of our stay in the “snack bar” where we were served delicious drinks, and could order snacks/meals throughout the day. The staff was very friendly and a lot of fun! There is also a full buffet that is served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

When we finally got to go to the beach, it was beautiful- just a few steps away from our room. They had a security guard there to make sure your stuff stayed safe at your chairs while you swam, I thought that was a really nice touch!! The only downside of the beach was the people who approached your chairs constantly to sell you stuff. Other than that, the beach was clean, the water was clear, and overall felt really safe.

The room itself was HUGE! There was a bedroom, giant bathroom, and then a massive living room that connected to an outdoor porch. The living room had a full kitchen in it, and a dining table. It was really great. And everyone on the resort is careful not to use plastic, therefore the resort provided us with a “sippy cup” that was reusable. I liked that they were economically conscious!

Date of stay: December 2020