1,019 results
All reviews rooftop pool blue planet divers west end fish hotel grounds all inclusive package hotel guests large balcony day pass cruise ship days henry morgan scuba diving nice resort lounge chairs dive shop beautiful island island tour
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

I like this resort. Service is good, rooms are clean and their breakfast is incredible. If I had one complaint, it would be the high prices for food at the beach bar, but food is good there as well. Oceanic rooms are nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Juan G, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Mr. Moss,

We look forward to your next visit, so that you may continue to discover Roatan and enjoy the Paradise Experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

Our family celebrated our daughter's 40th birthday in Roatan. It was the most beautiful of places. Paradise Hotel truly lived up to its name. We will definitely return. Everyone in our party loved that the hotel was on the beach and the bar was near by.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear Mrs. Vargas,

We look forward to welcoming you back in your next vacation.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

This is a nice hotel. I think it was built with all the extras to make it a 5 star but somewhere along the way it must have changed hands because the upkeep isn't what it should be. Granted in the sea air it takes a lot to keep a hotel of this size up and running and the staff does a great job but you can see signs of wear and tear. Even with that though our room was clean and nice. The staff was awesome and I really enjoyed staying there.
The one downside is that prices (all over Roatan) are high. I thought central america was cheap and since the exchange rate is in my favor I'll have a cheap stay. You won't. All prices are in USD even in the nearby town. So prepare yourself for that. The other caution I would give is that once a day cruise ship people descend on the beach and take up a ton of space. You think you have a private beach and nothing but sand and sea and then there are a ton of people almost out of no where.
Even with that I would go back to this beach and this place. I was excepting more and was disappointed at first but as the days went on I became really happy with just being. Roatan is a cool island with great people and I would recommend a stay if you can.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Juan G, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2017

Dear Lisa,

Great you had an amazing time in Roatan and I am certain that upon your return you will have an even better time. West Bay Beach is once again considered one of the top 20 beaches in the world, so unfortunately it is not surprising that everyone wants to be there. Hope you were able to take advantage of our Roof Top Swimming pool, for those times, when you just want to get away from it all.

See you soon,

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

After leaving the ferry of The Galaxy Wave our shuttle was there waiting. We were actually checked in about two hours earlier than it should have been. It was fast professional. The rooms were nice and clean.The staff was very attentive. The food was palatable. After we arrived at the beachside about four cruise ships were docked and the beach was bustling with people. I most certainly enjoyed my stay and definitely return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Claude,

West Bay Beach is the best and we know this because TripAdvisor for the 3rd in a row has ranked it as one of the top twenty beaches in the World. Not surprising that everyone wants to be there.

We are please that you liked our property and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I took a last minute trip to Roatan when our trip to the USVI got cancelled due to the awful hurricanes. We scored a great deal at the PBH and decided to give Roatan a whirl. I will start with some pros of the resort.
Pros: we might have been one of ten guests staying at the hotel so we were upgraded to a suite, the breakfast buffet was excellent with many choices, housekeeping was prompt and took good care of our room, Dennis at the bar was always kind and helpful when we asked questions about the island.

Cons: our first night at the hotel staff told us it would cost 50 American dollars for a taxi and that outside the resort it was too dangerous for Americans to be. They recommended we eat at the restaurant inside the hotel (well we didn’t get all inclusive for a reason) we later found out Roatan is quite safe and one can rent a car just outside the hotel for 35 dollars a day. We were never waited on at the pool, even though we were the only ones there on the weekends. This resort allows people from the cruise ships to use the property, they subsequently leave it trashed at the end of the day, beer bottles and garbage littered everywhere. We never had hot water to shower and took lukewarm showers every night. We had two really bad experiences with the activities agency that works through the hotel. On one occasion, after our horseback riding activity back at the barn we were greeted by an angry man who told us our activities agency didn’t pay for the hotel and made me give him all the money I had in my wallet. Luckily, we received a full refund when we returned to PBH, however, it was scary and confusing nonetheless. A second experience was on a boat ride to Cayos Cachinos. They decided to take us out in a sketchy boat on a stormy day. They were determined to get us to the island. The ocean was intense and the rain was bad. They only turned the boat around when myself and some other passengers insisted on how dangerous it was. They were obviously just wanting our money. We found out later that a boat capsized on a similar type of day and all the passengers almost drowned.

Luckily we were able to spend a couple days at Infinity Beach next door where they were way warmer and helpful. They let us swim in the pool and were prompt with the cocktails! We made friends with people who lived on the island and they gave us some pointers.... since we for sure didn’t get any help from PBH (Besides Dennis)

My advise is to spend a couple bucks more and stay next door at Infinity Bay!
Or better off, just stay in the West End!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melissanewhard
Juan G, Public Relations Manager at Paradise Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2017

Dear Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to point out the areas that we need to improve on. We have taken your comments to heart and are already in the process of re-evaluating all external service providers, to make sure that their activities up to our standards. The well being and enjoyment of our guests is very important to us and unfortunately we came up short. We would very much like to welcome you back to Paradise, so that you can see how we have taken your comments to heard and made the necessary changes, that this does not happen again.

We look forward to hearing from you again and allowing us the chance to show you how great Paradise can be.

Paradise Beach Hotels.