Well, I will start by saying that this was our 4th visit to Roatan and to the Henry Morgan hotel and unfortunately, it was our worst visit to the hotel. We stayed from Nov 28-Dec 5. Other years, we have had no real complaints but this year was different and quite disappointing.
The quality and variety of food left much to be desired and resulted in us leaving the resort to eat at local restaurants on most nights. The level of service in the restaurant was poor and while the limited staff seemed to be trying, there was very little attention paid to the 'empty food stations' If you didn't get to the buffet early, you got no variety or you missed the nightly special completely (and this was at a time when the hotel was at less than 50% occupancy). And the food at the beach station (consisting of cold pizza and fries and nacho chips was disgusting.
The hotel had frequent hydro outages for periods of 3-4 hours throughout the day and night and made for lots of frustration-perhaps caused by island infrastructure issues) but the hotel had no plan or provisions to deal with it (no candles, flashlights or back up generator system).
Although the rooms are located away from the beach, the room staff did a great job and kept the room clean and fresh. However, maintenance on the rooms was lacking.
The beach area continues to be the main positive of this hotel and was kept clean and safe (in spite of the sand fleas).
The hotel management and owners appear to be focussed on getting as much revenue from the place without making any real investment and as a result, the hotel property and service is deteriorating rapidly.
The onsite host and hostess from Sunwing (Patrick and Lucie) were great but it was obvious that they (and Sunwing) don't have much influence.
Would I go back to Roatan?-ABSOLULTEY. Would I go back to the Henry Morgan?-NO..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Henry Morgan Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort
- Henry Morgan Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras