We stayed in this all inclusive for two weeks using Sunwing for trip arrangements. I'll start by saying the hotel is needing some updating. The room we had was nice; clean, a/c worked, maid service was great.
The food was terrible; we ate mystery meat many nights. The same food was served regularly. What we had one night would be served in a different dish for lunch the next day and then a third time for some items. The wine at dinner was very poor quality. The desserts and salads were lacking in selection and imagination. They frequently ran out of coffee in the morning or coffee cups (ones not much good without the other!)I must say though George the head waiter was always there to make sure you were getting service and the staff serving behind the buffet were very friendly and tried to please.
The pool was disgusting and had some algee growth going on. The sewer smell that accosted us as we left the hotel lobby to go to the beach was always present. And the chemical warfare that was used against the insects nearly did us in every evening right around sundown. They assured us it was a "safe" chemical.
The drinks were very limited and we had to drink out of 5 oz plastic glasses. This amounted to half a beer at a time. We could get 2 plastic glasses if we asked but no more than that so this kept a constant stream of people at the bar causing line ups. Most of the time there was only one person working at the outside bar and just two inside. They actually ran out of beer at the outside bar early one afternoon and another day closed the bar with no explanation. There were only two bars in the entire resort so guests had to all the was in to the hotel to get drinks.The staff that worked there was very friendly and accomodating given the conditions they were working under.
When I complained to the front desk manager about an issue he did not respond, he just stared at me as if he was deaf. He was very rude.
The island itself is very beautiful, we dove (scuba) at a little dive shop called Anomone just down the beach. The dive staff and owner was amazing. We dove about twenty times between my husband and I and never went to the same place twice. Maria is the owner and she was very helpful and friendly.
The snorkelling was fabulous right off the beach from the hotel. Water clean, sand soft and clean.
Generally speaking the staff was dedicated, friendly, and helpful. They tried to make the most for the vacationers. The hotel management and frugal conditions imposed on us from food to drinks to very poor nightly entertainment was very disapointing considering it was an all inclusive and we paid a fair amount for this vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Evoline ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Henry Morgan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras