5 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$266
Hotels.comUS$266
PricelineUS$490
1,040 results
All reviews shore grill junior suites the bacon wrapped shrimp swim up bar outdoor shower fish west end restaurant staff coral reef ocean view bedroom condo included breakfast we loved our stay beach front infinity pool snorkeling right off the beach beautiful beach
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2021 via mobile

We spent 9 days at this resort. We were there to SCUBA but wanted a nicer resort to relax at when we weren’t diving. The service was awful. We had to seek out waiters for drinks, they all had an attitude and never checked in on us. We were tipping like crazy and it made no difference. $20 for a burger $10 for drinks? The room was dirty and no matter how often it was “cleaned” it never felt clean.

Plus the SAND FLIES ARE INSANE! We were covered in bug spray but were eaten alive. 50+ bites in a day. Not a relaxing experience.

If you are coming to dive spend no more than 5 days and stay at a cheap dive resort. Save your money because you do NOT get what you pay for here.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed January 26, 2021

Wow, just wow! This was our first time in Roatan and I am so thankful we chose the Grand Roatan. I was completely blown away by the level of service and accommodation the staff here provided. Firstly, we booked our airport transport with Belkis who made sure we had adequate space and a comfortable ride to the hotel, which is about 30 minutes from the airport. Check-in was a breeze and Britney and Belkis re-arranged our rooms so we could stay closer to our friends who were on the trip as well. Joshua took our bags on a golf cart all the way to the top of the terraced hill. We stayed in 107 which had the best views of the Ocean but wouldn't be good if you don't like walked uphill. Room was super clean and offered a beautiful outdoor shower. Beds and pillows were so so comfortable. AC was able to keep the room as cool as you liked! WIFI was also very fast and very reliable. The resort offered a buffet breakfast but in the current COVID situation allowed for people to order off of the menu, free of charge. Rene, Jimmy, Denis, Kevin Luisa took care of our breakfast and mimosas in the morning! Victor also took care of us at breakfast but also supplied us libations throughout the day at every location (pool, beach, hotub). Big thank you to Victor. I also wanted to give a shoutout to Denuar, he setup the Iron Shore patio for my wifes birthday, making it so special and a night to never forget. Denuar was so accommodating, he went out and bought balloons, a Roatan mug, chocolates and nuts! Thank you Denuar for all your accommodations throughout the week! More specifics on the resort. Some of the best snorkeling reef in Roatan is right in-front of the hotel. Pool is immaculate and hot tub can get HOT! They also have fantastic COVID policy, lots of hand sanitizer etc... I would recommend this place, I will be back!!

Room tip: Best views of the Ocean are room 107/108, top of the terrace!
Date of stay: January 2021
2  Thank Ryan H
Carlos Lopez, General Manager at Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ryan,
We are working hard daily with all our staff to assure we have the best security measures during their stay.
Making our guest feel safe and comfortable is one of our top priorities.
Our accommodations are known for being top notch and we are very pleased that you found our grounds excellent for your stay.
The staff will be happy to know the service provided was great.
Thank you for giving us a review regarding your stay.

Reviewed January 19, 2021 via mobile

I were in Roatan for my honey moon in Grand Roatan Hotel, excellent service and really good food in the restaurant. I wanted to give special reference of waiter called Victor thanks for the excellent service.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mario,
Our staff will be very happy to know the service they provided during your stay was excellent.
It is our goal each day to assure each guest feels at home and well taken care of.
We thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback.

Reviewed January 11, 2021 via mobile

Can’t say enough on how well we enjoyed our stay at the Grand Routan - Dec 20 to Jan 1. We wanted to take a family trip during really challenging travel times and decided to go for it. We had an absolute amazing time. The Grand Roatan resort in of itself is modern, updated and the rooms are well equipped. Safety and social distancing was well adhered to - from staff and guests.

Our kids loved the Hot Tub, Pool - me and my wife enjoyed lounging beach side.

However, the resort in of itself is really nothing without the incredible staff they have. Truly first class service with a smile (you can tell even through the masks). Pleasant and Genuine workers at this resort make it worth every penny and more.

From the time you check it, everyone is pleasant and friendly. I just wish I took the time to get to know everyone’s name. The 2 young ladies at the reception made check-in quick and easy. Also, they were typically the ones that answered the phones when requesting room cleanings and extra towels, etc.

Witsell and another young man that assisted with baggage were great and always around the property to help in any golf transport or trips to the local store.

The hotel restaurant by the beach - the best staff. Renee and Denward were my boys. Hands down, first class service. That’s not to say we didn’t alway have great service from the crew - Kevin, Victor, Luanisa and so sorry I don’t recall the rest by name, but I know them all by face and please forgive me. All truly amazing and good hearted peoples.

Can’t leave out Harrison and Byron who run that beach - they make sure anything you need on the hotel beachfront from towels to chairs to coconuts - they got you covered.

I don’t normally write reviews. I am not paid for this one. I just had an incredible trip with my wife and my 2 boys over Christmas and NYE 2020 and just wanted to share and give props to the Grand Roatan Staff.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to know that your stay with your family at the Grand Roatán was joy full and wonderful.
Our staff is always happy to assist in making sure each guest has a unique experience and i am happy you felt this way while lodging with us.
Our grounds, excellent quality service, beach and people make us stand out from other resorts.
We thank you very much for your kind review regarding your past stay.

Reviewed January 2, 2021 via mobile

This was our second time staying at Grand Roatan and we still love it! Everyone is so kind and knew us all by name. They really make you feel welcome and at home. The beach is gorgeous, the condos are spacious, and all of the staff is super accommodating. We should have bought a condo here 3 years ago! We love it so much!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Carlos Lopez, General Manager at Grand Roatan Caribbean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2021

Dear Cindy,
It is our pleasure to always host you at the Grand Roatan and create many beautiful memories on each trip.
We are happy that we exceed your expectations and always make you feel at home.
Our goal is always to make sure each guest is happy and pleased with their experience while visiting the island.
We thank you very much for giving us a review regarding your past stay.