Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
travelup.com
Destinia.com
Trip.comUS$457
1,947 results
All reviews superior room lunch and dinner glass bottom boat catamaran trip small hotel cold towels free catamaran rum punch bar staff street party evening entertainment water sports afternoon tea sunday night our honeymoon a la carte waiter service
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2021

I was so surprised to read the previous review as this was not our experience at all. We decided to take up Mango's 'Easter Staycation' two day offer which there could be no argument, was excellent and fantastic value.

It was very sad to see so few people staying at the moment, but obviously with the current UK restrictions, people are unable to travel. We are fortunate to semi-reside in Barbados, and wanted to take a break from our home for the weekend.

The staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough to make sure we enjoyed our stay. We were given a lovely ocean front room which I believe has recently been refurbished. The view was superb with loungers on the balcony. The room was modern and comfortable, with a huge bed, which is so important as you get older, and air conditioning was quiet and worked well. Internet is also excellent - we didn't bother watching tv - too much to enjoy outside with the gorgeous view and location!

Unlike the last poster, we found the food to be excellent. Maybe this has been upgraded since their stay, but we were left wondering if this was a normal experience as the food was of such a high standard and huge value for money with drinks included too.

On arrival we had lunch of butternut squash soup and roast lamb - huge quantity and delicious. So much so, we couldn't fit in dessert. Tea was cakes - almond cake and rock cake - we were offered sandwiches, but knew we wouldn't be able to fit in dinner as well, so declined! Dinner we had pork and chicken - again very good.

Following morning, full cooked breakfast, burger for my husband for lunch and fresh swordfish for me - both excellent. Tea again - this time with sandwiches! Dinner thai fish CAKES (not cake) - two each. Pork for my husband and chicken for me. Served with jasmine rice and stir fry veg - a nice asian fusion. We crammed in a dessert on our last night!!

We had drinks before dinner - either gin/whisky/ rum punch. Wine with dinner, and we both had brandy after with our coffee. Yes, dinner was early, but that is the way of everywhere at the moment with the current restrictions as staff obviously need to get home. However, once we had finished eating we moved to the outside area to have our coffee and drinks, and we could take as much time as we wanted. Staff had gone by the time we went upstairs - we just left our cups etc on the table, which by the morning had been cleared away.

Mango Bay is in an excellent physical position directly on a beautiful beach. You can walk either way without being landlocked, and swimming is great. Even some reef to snorkel. It is in easy walking distance of restaurants, Lime Grove Mall, and all the shops. It is a lovely hotel for families and couples alike. Many of the staff have been there for years and are very kind and attentive. Obviously the watersports were not allowed during our stay, but I understand that this is normally offered to guests.

We did contemplate staying another night, but had to get home for work reasons - and we weren't sure how much more food our stomachs could take! We haven 't eaten and drunk so much in ages!

Based on our experience, we would definitely recommend a stay - if you are here now, try their staycation, of if you are coming from the UK enjoy a longer stay with them.

Thank you everyone for making our stay such a lovely one, and we do hope that 2021 will be a better year for the hotel - and all hotels in Barbados.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank sunshinegirl024
Shireene Mathlin Tulloch, Other at Mango Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sunshinegirl024,

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone the details of your too-short but totally satisfying stay with us at Mango Bay! I am happy to report too that we are welcoming more guests as the days go by!

We can't wait to greet the many persons who are so looking forward to returning, or to holidaying with us for the first time. We promise that we will do all possible to continue to exceed person's expectations in every way possible!

We hope to see you again soon Sunshinegirl024. Until then, stay safe and continue to tell everyone about our lovely hotel, and about Barbados!

Best wishes,

Shireene Mathlin-Tulloch

Reviewed January 16, 2021

Decided on a 2 night stay here and stayed in a deluxe room. Had heard glowing reports in the past from both locals and tourist who had stayed here so was looking forward to it. A few days before going curfews were imposed. Rang up the day I was checking in to find out what state of play was at hotel. Was told last dinner seating would be 7pm and snorkelling equipment etc wasn’t being used but catamaran cruise would still go, social distanced. I had been thinking of their other property on the South Coast which was slightly cheaper but as I was told that one didn’t do the catamaran cruise, I opted for Mango Bay. There was no one else checking in when we arrived but it still took quite a while. Lady apologised saying that she was new which was fine. In fact all staff I came into contact with were friendly and helpful. Room was very spacious and had a balcony with view mostly of the pool and grounds but sea could also be partially seen. Recliner chairs and foot rests and a table. Only main complaint about room was shower which was fiddly and filled up quickly if turned on to full power. There was also a strange smell when the a/c was on. As I was only there for 2 nights and spending most of the time on the beach I didn’t report either fault. TV was very fuzzy but only had it on briefly to see the government update so again not a huge problem. Restaurants located just outside hotel entrance but as I was only there for a night and it’s all inclusive I didn’t try them. Limegrove shopping centre is just opposite and there’s a large supermarket nearby and other shops.
During my time there I only saw 7 other people at restaurant or around hotel so social distancing was not an issue and staff were all masked. After check in I tried to book the catamaran cruise for the next morning and was told that it had been cancelled days before. This was annoying as I had called to specifically ask a few hours prior. While I understand that it was because of government restrictions, the restrictions on that aspect hadn’t changed since I had called so it should have been communicated. Particularly seeing that was the only reason I choose this property over the other one.
The major disappointment here was the food. In a word, it was poor. 2 words - very poor. Ironic as I had literally said to someone a few days prior that there was no such thing as a bad meal in Barbados. Unfortunately I had nothing but bad meals at Mango Bay. It might not have mattered so much if it hadn’t been all inclusive but as this was the only place I ate for those days, it was a major disappointment. Fish cutter for lunch with thin, dried out fish. Cold fries every time they were served, but to be fair they replaced them on each occasion. Portion sizes were also ridiculous. Menu said Thai and shrimp cakes (with an s) but a single cake was served. Chicken wing starter consisted of just 2 1/2 wings (and not even a full wing). Another menu said Deep Fried Thighs - 1 thigh was given and it was very dried out. Dry and lumpy mashed potato. Skimpy breakfast portions. But the most laughable thing was the afternoon tea. 2 miniature sandwiches, a tiny rock cake and something else presented poorly on a plate. See photos attached of all meals. Drinks were also not great. I ordered the fruit punch a couple times. It comes with freshly blended banana similar to a smoothie with was nice but then very sweet syrups which were over powering so I just topped mine up with water. I’m not a drinker so wasn’t too fussed about alcohol. Asked for half measure of alcohol in mango daiquiri which tasted very sweet, with no taste of mango. I also had a couple of a mojitos which were refreshing. They were meant to be full measures so I know the alcohol used was not a strong grade as I’d struggle to finish one mojito usually. Not an issue for me but may be for those who like a strong cocktails. There was no entertainment or music over dinner. I understand staff had to leave early because of curfew but could they not have arranged some entertainment for the time the restaurant was opened. Or at least have some music playing?
As nice as the staff were the service they provided was not up to scratch and the overall quality received from hotel was not even three star in my opinion let alone 4.
I get that because of what’s currently happening some services may have to be scaled back but that should be reflected in the price and from what I paid for 2 nights here there is no way in my opinion that these fees can be justified. I was told the winter rate is always higher and that’s why their fees were so high. I had quarantined at Blue Horizon when I first arrived on the island and I wish I had got back there and spent the extra money on eating at the surrounding restaurants which would have proven far better quality for money.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Godsgloriousworld
Shireene Mathlin-Tulloch, Other at Mango Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2021

Dear Godsgloriousworld,

We are so sorry to read that what could have been a lovely stay at Mango Bay was marred by your Restaurant experience.

We know just how important Food and Beverage are in an all- inclusive hotel and we have prided ourselves on exceeding our guests' expectations in this area over the years .

We will certainly take a close look at our operation to determine where we could have done better. We are constantly striving to excel in evey area.

If you plan to visit Barbados again, please do consider staying with us so that we have the opportunity to WOW you next time around!

Shireene Mathlin - Tulloch

Reviewed January 5, 2021

We have stayed at Mango Bay five times now and this was a very different stay due to COVID. However, we were so pleased that it was a quarantine hotel, so we didn’t have to find another hotel to quarantine in. We had a space on the grass to sunbathe and an area in the restaurant to dine in. The hotel arranged our COVID tests and the Dr came at 9 am the morning after we arrived, took our tests and the results were back at 8.15am the following day - we were then free! We were the only guests for a few days, and didn’t mind at all. The staff were all so nice, and so accommodating. Day by day a few more guests arrived and by the time we left there were 15. The food was excellent, and always a good choice, the chef would try and accommodate your personal choice too if you asked. The hotel did have some maintenance being carried out during the day, but it didn’t bother us at all, as it was mainly in bedrooms. It’s in an excellent position for shops, bars and restaurants. Would I stay there again ? Hell yes!!’ Trying to book it now. Don’t forget we are in a pandemic, and we were so grateful to be able to get away, and to the staff for making our stay so personal. Thank you Mango Bay !

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Fiona1960

Dear Fiona1960,

Thank you so much for your review and for returning to Mango Bay for a 5th time even during this very different period.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your holiday thoroughly and the effort made by our team to make you and our guests as comfortable as possible throughout their stay by personalizing our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in , hopefully, what will be more normal times.

Until then, continue to stay safe.

Shireene Mathlin- Tulloch

Reviewed January 1, 2021

Very expensive and not offering value for money. Had been closed for 10 months due to Covid and definitely re-opened too soon. Some rooms not ready and still under construction and our room was not fully ready on the date we checked in - we had to wait until 4pm. Food was poor quality and not enough choice - over cooked and bland. Staff are friendly but need additional training. Air conditioning broke and we had to move for one night to another (cheaper) room. Had to battle to get any refund and in the end was offered one night free but at the time of writing I still haven't received it. Great location but there are other hotels offering much more for the same price or less. Give this hotel a miss.

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear Ms. Charlton,

We sincerely apologize for our not meeting your expectations in so many ways during your recent stay with us.

We have been communicating directly so I hope that this matter is soon resolved and that we will have the opportunity to host you again in future. We would love to have you experience just how wonderful Mango Bay usually is on an average day!

Shireene Mathlin- Tulloch
Group CEO

Reviewed May 31, 2020

One week stay at the end of November 2019. The hotel is a nice boutique style hotel with a great location on the beach. The room was large and spacious, and generally well kept & clean. When it comes to dining there is one restaurant on site which either operates as a buffet or a la cart style on both lunch and dinner. For breakfast, there is a typical selection as with most other all inclusive resorts. For lunch and dinner, you have to book a table in advacnce at breakfast, and it will be either a buffet option or a la cart menu. I travelled with a mix of veg/non-veg guests. The buffet option was generally limited for a vegetarian, but the restaurant staff and Head Chef came to speak to us and made speacial meals for the vegetarians, which was great! The food at the restaurant was generally good, and my only suggestion would be a little more variety when it comes to the buffet. The waiting staff at the restaurant and bar were very friendly and helped to create a great atmosphere. The pool area is quite small, and honestly the weather and proximity of the beach meant we spent all day there instead. There are people that come to sell you items, jet ski rides etc, but if this is not for you then they respect when you say no and do not bother you much. The hotel offered a complimentary boat ride to see a ship wreck and complimentary catamaran ride with the option of swimming with turtles! Both trips are great and a highlight of my trip was snorkelling with the turtles! The hotel also offers complimentary water sports and I enjoyed a few water skiing lessons! Outside of the hotel there is designer mall across the road, a supermarket and gift shops are short walk away. The local bus stop is just outside the supermarket and the town centre is short ride away. The evening entertainment is music based and is usually on for a couple of hours after dinner. Sadly I left on Independence Day, and missed some great celebrations at the hotel. The staff at reception are friendly and helped us with any issues we had. Although before we arrived, we had specifically arranged for transfers with the hotel and their driver did not turn up at the airport. We managed to call the hotel from the airport and they could not get hold of the driver and advised us to make our own way to the hotel. They arranged for our return transfer to the airport and assured us there would be no issues this time round, and there wasn’t. All in all I think this a good hotel, with a great location on the beach.

Date of stay: November 2019