17 people are viewing this hotel
US$660
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$587
Travelocity
US$587
Hotels.comUS$587
Vio.comUS$587
Lol.travelUS$671
2,099 results
All reviews standard room lunch and dinner glass bottom boat catamaran trip the penthouse free catamaran small hotel rum punch street party sunday night bar staff water skiing a la carte mango fish water sports our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed November 29, 2022

Mango bay is a typical 4 star carribbean hotel. Very clean. Great aircon and comfy bed. Lovely staff. Food very good.

This is our 6th visit to the island staying in different hotels each time.

We love the island and the people. However we would never stay here again. Loud music til early hours
Not relaxing at all. We tried to move but they could not help us. Our room was adjacent to 2 local late bars. Staff called it an inconvenience! We were told it happens on a sunday only but this is not true and they get numerous complaints and clearly did not care that i was stressed by it and refused to help.

On a beautiful beach so worth coming here but do not stay in standard block...

For this reason it is worst hotel we have stayed in and not cheap either. I asked 3 times for help but no one could help...

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 269glenysk
Reviewed November 18, 2022

Firstly, I want to say we had an enjoyable stay but we were let down by a few things.
We had a one bedroom suite, which was located outside of the main hotel grounds (which we knew). However, the suites back onto residential housing and a bar and are not too far from the main street. To access them you don't feel like you're in a 4* hotel and I would say the interior doesn't live up to one either.

I emailed before arriving regarding the noise from the street and asked again when we were shown the room as I was concerned with how close we were to the main street/bar/residents but was assured we wouldn't hear the noise. Unfortunately, our first night was a Sunday for the street party with booming music until 1am. The room doesn't have glass windows (other than the patio doors) they're mesh with shutters so it absorbs no noise. We were also treated to a dog barking at all hours every night. The music usually stopped around 11pm on other nights so wasn't as bad but a lot of it was from the main hotel so not really too fussed about that. I would have asked to move rooms however the set up with 1 bedroom was why we chose this room.

Food was average, not too much choice at dinner or lunch, usually 3 mains and 3 starters when a la carte and various options when a buffet. We weren't there long enough for the repeat but other guests had said it was a little repetitive after a week. Loads of flies appeared as well which wasn't amazing but not sure they could do too much about that.

The staff were amazing and so friendly, they are definitely the reason the rating for this hotel isn't as low from my point of view.

Location wise, lovely beach although sunbeds are quite close together but not too much of an issue. Close to lots of bars and restaurants. Good evening entertainment which was nice - one evening there was a pianist during dinner which was great.

Overall, I really wanted to love this hotel but I am not quite sure I can agree with the previous reviews. The bar, restaurant, pool and beach are great but other areas are tired and need some attention - especially the rooms.

Reviewed November 15, 2022

My wife, friends and I have spent the last 5 days in this all inclusive resort. It was the relaxing leg of our holiday following 2 weeks in Florida which was very full on. We were not disappointed. This place is sublime. We arrived late at night and went straight to bed. It was torrential rain and we thought oh no. In the morning up nice and early to get our first glimpse of the Carribean Sea. This was my happy place, hotel right on the beach, easy access to the water. An array of water sports included in the price. Food was varied and gorgeous. Sometimes a buffet, sometimes a 3 course meal for both lunch and dinner. Entertainment was very good, especially Phoenix & Barry. Staff were very attentive. Special mention to Marcia who was extremely friendly and sought us out to make sure we were happy and having a good time. Standard rooms were generous, and immaculately clean. The unsung heroes are the housekeeping staff who keep the place spotless. Consideration from the hotel for both my wife's belated 50th birthday and my friend's birthday whlst we were there was very much appreciated and made the trip even more memorable. We will definitely return. What would make it even more spectacular would be an outside shower at the beach for washing salt water off when coming out the sea. And although the public areas are gorgeous the standard rooms could do with a little superficial reburb to maintain that standard throughout. It's suited to couples and groups who are older, not really suitale for children or teens. Damien and Anthony really look after you on the beach with drinks throughout the day. We would highly recommend, you will not be disappointed I promise you.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank annelliott2017
Reviewed November 8, 2022

Great location and rooms and friendly staff. Although very disappointed with the food which was overcooked, dry and bland. The salad was shredded lettuce and that was it!
Breakfast was ok but not enough, the lunchtime bar snack menu was the freshest & hottest food but not what I would usually eat. Evenings offered an al acarte menu or a buffet style dinner which was just ‘OK’
The best meal we had at Mango Bay was the Chinese, the worst was the BBQ which was literally burnt offerings, I had visions of a BBQ outside or on the beach but it was cooked out of sight,
On a positive note there are lots of great restaurants locally.

Room tip: Perfect location. Great beach. Hotel clean. Lovely staff. Food terrible
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank deana_dunbar
Reviewed November 7, 2022 via mobile

I think we were a surprise for the hotel & some of the guests :-)

As a group of 7 females we had a fabulous time at the hotel.

Being a beach front location, this proved to be just what we needed. The sea was amazing. Our rooms were fine, superior and pool view. Cleaned daily and water replenished. Tea, coffee & fridge in room, safe in room. Some extra little touches such as bed turn down service shows that the hotel is really keen on delivering a great customer experience.

The hotel is kept exceptionally clean and the staff were attentive, professional and made us feel special and welcome. We had a gluten free friend and she was well catered for - the chefs made daily visits to our table to discuss the menu options. We had a birthday too, with a few nice touches to make the celebration special. As well as this I think every member of staff wished me happy birthday.

Breakfast is buffet. Lunch either a la carte or buffet and evening meal a la carte. Portion sizes were ideal, but I would also say that if you wanted more, they would oblige. Good range of drink and generous measures.

Restaurants, bars and shops in walking distance.

We’d recommend the free catamaran trip, nice knowledgeable captain.

For the price, this was much better than we expected, a really good hotel who are striving to make your holiday experience a memorable one.

We met some wonderful couples who have returned to the hotel. This should be a good recommendation alone.

Finally, thank you to all the staff. You were amazing. We hope to return.

Trip type: Travelled with friends