US$99
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Chinchaycamac Hotel(Chincha Alta)
TripAdvisor
Gran Hotel Chincha(Chincha Alta)
TripAdvisor
Grupo Los Angeles(Chincha Alta)
TripAdvisor
Hospedaje las pecanas(Chincha Alta)
Agoda.com
All reviewsperu hoplots of historyperuvian historyhuge gardengreat tourplantation housesmall churchswimming poolslavesafrocatacombscottoncolonialpropertytorturetoursluxury
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Today I went to the casa hacienda San Jose with my family and they told me that they will check with the tourist guide, and they told us that we are late, that we have to be there before 12:00, amd we arrived 11:45am and I show them my watch and the told me that the tourist guide was about to have lunch!!! And they ask me to come back at 2pm how it is possible? When I called them (phone in their webpage) they told me that there is no issue, that I have to pay and they will contact the person to give us a tour if we arrive between 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 5pm , that was not true.

They have thins in their website:

El horarios es de 9:00 a 13.00hrs y de 14:00 a 17:00 hrs, se hace la solicitud del tour en recepción y ellas hacen el contacto con el guía.

I'm very disappointed because I was traveling by car and it was my stop, and they doesn't have any consideration.

Seems that this touristic point is private because doesn't have rules, they have to follow some rules to offer visits to tourist.

So good luck if you planning to go probably you will not able to enter.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

I came here with the peruhop lads having never heard of the place. This hostel is a really old colonial house and its gorgeous. I loved the architecture and the light airy feel of the place. We strolled around the hotel for 20 odd minutes before the history of the place was told to us.
For such a picturesque colonial house, it has a very dark past, and you see that when you go down into the slave tunnels.
This place is not for the claustrophobic as it's tight, compact, dark and dusty. When you're walking through this place it's awful to think humans lived here, especially when they were sick when they came off the boats.
Extremely interesting but i was glad to leave when we did.
I didn't stay in the hotel, but i believe its about 70USD a night.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed October 27, 2016

The old majestic Spanish Hacienda now serves a B&B, museum and a very enjoyable spot for an elegant (albeit in the middle of nowhere) restaurant. The hacienda is building and grounds are serene and picturesque. To access the restaurant you walk through the Hacienda/Museum with its historic rooms and exhibits. The restaurant is in the back patio and has ample space for large groups. The menu is ample and the food is very good. We enjoyed a great lunch overlooking the hacienda gardens and enjoying the serenity and peace of the beautiful old Hacienda

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We arrive, by suggestion of a friend, the tours costs 20 soles, you have to pay at the entrance, then they give you a fotocheck and we have to wait for a group guiding.
The guiding is provided in spanish, a bit disapointed, some of my friends were english spoken.
The story behind the house tunels and catacumbs is just amazing, so much to learn, quite sad about the stories of slaves.

I may say this is a tour that should be done by everyone passing by.

Is not that far from the Panamerica highway, and if you arrive at the right time, go to the mamaine rest. on the way out or to El carmen for lunch.

HUGHLY RECOMMENDED

Room Tip: If you are not staying at least do the tour.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2016

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend break at Casa Hacienda San Jose. The rooms, gardens and surrounds were excellent, and staff were particularly helpful. The history of the house and the surrounding area is confronting, but it is sensitively explained by staff, and the house tour is fascinating. When we left I accidentally left my phone charger in the room. The staff went out of their way to have the charger returned to me in Lima. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family