All reviews peruvian history colonial times peru hop plantation house small church great hotel slaves catacombs property tour torture altar
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Friends wanted us to see and eat at this amazing place. We were glad that they did! It is a colonial estate house with beautiful courtyard and gardens. We ate at the restaurant and I think it is safe to say that we enjoyed the courses and presentation more than any other in a fabulous five week holiday in Peru. Highly recommended!

We did not stay inn the hotel, but just ate at the restaurant, this means that we cannot give a rating or review of the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: We did not stay inn the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

If you want to transport yourself to colonial times, have great Pisco or Maracuya sours, have a great leisure lunch and have a tour who shows the cruelty of the Spanish colonists against the explotation of black slaves, this is the place to visit!! A great awareness of old way of thinking !! They have a great tour( sorry only in Spanish) very educational and presented who will take you to the underground of the hacienda where they kept the slaves
Definetly it was impressive and I forgot to mention their hospitality and service was A+
A. Holleman

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2017

And old colonial hacienda, you can have a tour of the house and learn about the slavery during the colonia, the house is now a hotel so can spend a couple of nights there to relax, they have a nice swimming pool and a good restaurant.
the place is gorgeous

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I have came to Paracas for holidays and some friends tolk me about the Casa Hacienda San Jose, I had seen some photographs, but really, nothing to do with the feeling I got from there. It's a luxury place today no doubt, Hotel and Restaurant very well done, food is great but that's not all, when you get to learn that it was one of the must rich Hacienda of the time It becomes an absolute experience, more then thousand slaves in the fields so much pain so much to talk about, the catacombs and the torture room, where you were not coming out a live from there, the decapiations and the pirates.
Surely if you come to this part of the world you must pay a visit to the Hacienda, stay over night and taste the local recipe, make peace with time and it's stories, take your time relax at the gallery and let you imagination fly.

Room Tip: Quite all around.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Today I went to the casa hacienda San Jose with my family and they told me that they will check with the tourist guide, and they told us that we are late, that we have to be there before 12:00, amd we arrived 11:45am and I show them my watch and the told me that the tourist guide was about to have lunch!!! And they ask me to come back at 2pm how it is possible? When I called them (phone in their webpage) they told me that there is no issue, that I have to pay and they will contact the person to give us a tour if we arrive between 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 5pm , that was not true.

They have thins in their website:

El horarios es de 9:00 a 13.00hrs y de 14:00 a 17:00 hrs, se hace la solicitud del tour en recepción y ellas hacen el contacto con el guía.

I'm very disappointed because I was traveling by car and it was my stop, and they doesn't have any consideration.

Seems that this touristic point is private because doesn't have rules, they have to follow some rules to offer visits to tourist.

So good luck if you planning to go probably you will not able to enter.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family