“Wow!! What a beautiful property!!”

Casa Hacienda San Jose
Ranked #1 of 14 Chincha Alta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful property! It is an old Hacienda from the XVII century with lots of history. The house is huge, in excellent shape, with beautiful new rooms decorated with modern amenities and objects carefully chosen. The common areas are also very nicely decorated with old furniture but in good shape. Congratulations to the owners for keeping this large property in excellent shape!! I did a tour of the property to know the history and it is very interesting, mainly the story of the catacoms. The inside church had an old roof and cedar altar. The pool is modern and great, set in a huge garden. Highly recommended! Only thing to note is that to get to the property you need to take a detour through a dirt road because a bridge that takes directly to the highway collapsed. Called the hotel to enquire how to get there.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 March 2017

Friends wanted us to see and eat at this amazing place. We were glad that they did! It is a colonial estate house with beautiful courtyard and gardens. We ate at the restaurant and I think it is safe to say that we enjoyed the courses and presentation more than any other in a fabulous five week holiday in Peru. Highly recommended!

We did not stay inn the hotel, but just ate at the restaurant, this means that we cannot give a rating or review of the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: We did not stay inn the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

If you want to transport yourself to colonial times, have great Pisco or Maracuya sours, have a great leisure lunch and have a tour who shows the cruelty of the Spanish colonists against the explotation of black slaves, this is the place to visit!! A great awareness of old way of thinking !! They have a great tour( sorry only in Spanish) very educational and presented who will take you to the underground of the hacienda where they kept the slaves
Definetly it was impressive and I forgot to mention their hospitality and service was A+
A. Holleman

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2017

And old colonial hacienda, you can have a tour of the house and learn about the slavery during the colonia, the house is now a hotel so can spend a couple of nights there to relax, they have a nice swimming pool and a good restaurant.
the place is gorgeous

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have came to Paracas for holidays and some friends tolk me about the Casa Hacienda San Jose, I had seen some photographs, but really, nothing to do with the feeling I got from there. It's a luxury place today no doubt, Hotel and Restaurant very well done, food is great but that's not all, when you get to learn that it was one of the must rich Hacienda of the time It becomes an absolute experience, more then thousand slaves in the fields so much pain so much to talk about, the catacombs and the torture room, where you were not coming out a live from there, the decapiations and the pirates.
Surely if you come to this part of the world you must pay a visit to the Hacienda, stay over night and taste the local recipe, make peace with time and it's stories, take your time relax at the gallery and let you imagination fly.

Room Tip: Quite all around.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Today I went to the casa hacienda San Jose with my family and they told me that they will check with the tourist guide, and they told us that we are late, that we have to be there before 12:00, amd we arrived 11:45am and I show them my watch and the told me that the tourist guide was about to have lunch!!! And they ask me to come back at 2pm how it is possible? When I called them (phone in their webpage) they told me that there is no issue, that I have to pay and they will contact the person to give us a tour if we arrive between 9am to 1pm or 2pm to 5pm , that was not true.

They have thins in their website:

El horarios es de 9:00 a 13.00hrs y de 14:00 a 17:00 hrs, se hace la solicitud del tour en recepción y ellas hacen el contacto con el guía.

I'm very disappointed because I was traveling by car and it was my stop, and they doesn't have any consideration.

Seems that this touristic point is private because doesn't have rules, they have to follow some rules to offer visits to tourist.

So good luck if you planning to go probably you will not able to enter.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I came here with the peruhop lads having never heard of the place. This hostel is a really old colonial house and its gorgeous. I loved the architecture and the light airy feel of the place. We strolled around the hotel for 20 odd minutes before the history of the place was told to us.
For such a picturesque colonial house, it has a very dark past, and you see that when you go down into the slave tunnels.
This place is not for the claustrophobic as it's tight, compact, dark and dusty. When you're walking through this place it's awful to think humans lived here, especially when they were sick when they came off the boats.
Extremely interesting but i was glad to leave when we did.
I didn't stay in the hotel, but i believe its about 70USD a night.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
16.1 km away
Qala Hotels & Resorts
Qala Hotels & Resorts
#3 of 14 in Chincha Alta

Been to Casa Hacienda San Jose? Share your experiences!