“Tasty!!! ”

Trattoria Ai Portici da Franco Smile
Price range: US$6 - US$51
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Ai Portici Restaurant by Franco Smile is a unique location in the panoramic restaurant of the Agrò Valley and the Jonica Riviera. The restaurant has ample outdoor areas under the porch with about 40 seats and another 40 in the air-conditioned rooms, Service and friendliness are the qualities that will never be united with the pleasure of enjoying home-style dishes in a modern and ancient style with sober presentations, all accompanied by a great atmosphere. From us you can enjoy mainly fish dishes ranging from cold appetizers and marinated as stew, octopus, marinated anchovies and salmon salads and followed by hot dishes such as turkey dumplings with peas or squid stuffed and fried like pancakes Of blue fish and sardine beccafico, there is also the rustic side to satisfy even those who do not like fish with tasty starters of cheeses and salami and oolai, good sauces and bodied seconds, we are also very careful also vegans and ciliacs by booking in advance And communicating your needs we will always try to provide you with the service hail.
Reviewed June 7, 2016 via mobile

All I can say about this restaurant is that the food is very tasty! Staff is friendly just as in any other places in Sicily! The prices are the standard, you can get a dish from 9€ to 16-17€! If you have a chance try the tuna steak ( even if you're not keen on fish) it's something what you can't miss there!!

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

We had the antipasti, very good and a meal on its own..... The pasta (for me) and the steak (husband) were great as well! We will come back!

Reviewed March 21, 2016

Good dinner.
Very friendly service.
Funny and authentic cook.
I highly recommend the antipasti rustico.

Reviewed January 12, 2016

Our visit began with an unexceptional recommendation by our hotel manager when my wife asked where she might get her lust for seafood sated. We arrived late in the lunch period on a day that was already very late in the season, so most of the tables were empty. Our order was taken in a largely perfunctory way, by a gentleman who we later discovered to be Chef Franco. As our dishes began to be served we found everything both beautifully presented, creatively constructed, and tasty. And as we reacted to his dishes Chef Franco warmed and engaged us with more and more openness and personal charm. It was a delightful, socially rewarding afternoon, spent over tasty food and wine in a pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed October 23, 2015

We ate here 3 times over the course of two weeks, initially went in because they were serving food at a time that was ok for us with a baby, but went back because the food was so good.
My wife has dietary requirements which were no problem, my son was entertained by the owner endlessly.
I rarely order pasta at home because I feel that most of it I could cook myself, not so with this. I had 3 separate pasta dishes, all were fantastic, but I would come back to sicily again for the squid ink (nero seppia?) pasta I had here, it was amazing.