All reviews rooftop area free pancakes person room beach view free wifi long term minute walk to the beach clean rooms the location is perfect checking out home away from home would stay again hostel backpackers hoover roommates sink
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Room was absolutely boiling to the extent that sleep for all 4 of us was a real struggle. The room was fitted with one small fan which didn’t point at any of the 4 bunks, and as the windows only open a few inches it wouldn’t have been that much help even if it did as there was just no fresh air to circulate. Other rooms which were accessed from the corridor not from the stairwell were using items to prop open their doors all night - so this wasn’t just a problem with our room.

In addition, the bathroom only had two loos and two showers which was insufficient for the number of people staying on the floor. Also the showers didn’t have hooks inside and only a flimsy shower curtain, so very limited privacy. Door lock broken on one toilet cubicle.

Positives were free pancakes for breakfast and the hostel was just about clean enough. Best feature is that it’s in a great location and the roof terrace is quite nice.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Paul B, General Manager at Noah's Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you found the room warm, unfortunately we don't have air conditioning and thus we don't advertise this. As you mentioned we do have fans and we always have spare fans if guests are to hot, which can happen in the Australian summer.

With regards to the showers we have two showers and toilets on each floor and also all guests have access to the level one showers and toilets. As with all hostels at peak times the shared facilities can be busy, but normally the wait isn't look long.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the location and the free pancakes. We always find that people enjoy the weekly events and the roof terrace.

We hope you enjoy the remainder of your travels.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

The hostel itself is fine (good cooking facilities and roof area) and the location is great (we had a view of the beach from our window) but the temperature in the rooms was unbearable. Each room has one tiny little fan and our windows could only open about 10cm so there was no breeze! Really wish they could get some aircon in the rooms then it would be much better!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately the Health and Safety standards set by the council have resulted in us having to limit the opening of the windows due to the number of floors that we have. Did you speak to the reception with regards to the issue with the heat? We could have looked to move rooms or provided extra fans to try to help with the heat. I'm glad to hear that you found the cooking facilities and the roof area were positives of your stay.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

The location is very near to the bus stop and Bondi Beach. The staffs were nice. There was one incident where one of the guest did something terrible to the bathroom. However the front dest staff apologised for the traumatic experience I saw that morning.

Room tip: Get a private room facing the beach
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank nasriquesz m
Paul B, General Manager at Noah's Bondi, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you had an issue with an incident in the bathroom, unfortunately with shared facilities we rely on guests to use toilets etc in a suitable manner inbetween the cleans and checks that are completed. I'm glad that you felt that the staff helpful with your issue.
Enjoy your travels

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days in a double room and it was unfortunately infested with bed bugs. The management did not reply to my email letting them know. The bathroom on my floor was very small and had two cubicles with very mouldy shower curtains. There was no hooks in the cubicle which meant no privacy at all. But the bathroom was so small that two people couldn't really stand together anyway. The taps were broken and dripped constantly, including the one in my room. The fan provided in the room was rusted and did not stand upright and the power cord was so short and had to connect to the outlet directly behind my head which meant that the fan was inches above my face when on. The staff made a very big deal about cleaning to everybody standing in line at reception but it seems to just be what they say to make themselves sound better because I certainly didn't see any cleaning done in any part of the hotel the whole time of my trip. The kitchen was tiny and inadequate.
It's really problematic that there are so many glowing reviews for this place when it's clearly sub par. I've stayed in many places over the years and this is probably the worst, not because it's basic but because the management clearly just don't seem to care at all about the place. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found your stay with us less than satisfactory. With regards to the response via email i apologies for the delay as detailed in the email we always want to look into any claims like this fully both with our staff and our pest control contractors prior to responding. As detailed in the email we investigated the issue and could not see any sign of pests present. Never the less we requested our pest control company attend and investigate the issue further. They were also unable to find any sign of what was reported in your email to us.
With regards to the cleaning of the Hostel all communal areas are cleaned by a contracting company each day between 7am and 1pm. The facilities are then spot checked and cleaned again in the evening maybe you were out during these times and missed them?
With regards to the reviews, we do get many positive reviews as the majority of guests that have stayed in backpackers previously enjoy their stay with us. We are a backpacker accommodation provider for young travellers visiting Australia. From my memory the reason why you booked with us was due to an issue with a hotel that you were meant to be staying with work were over booked. I would always suggest selecting accommodation suitable for your requirements.
Again I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your email, as detailed above we always like to look into any issues reported in full prior to responding.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

I came to Noah's and I finded a family!!

First i'll talk about the hostel in general. The location in perfect, in front of the beach an bus stop just outside so you can go anywhere. The hostel itself is great, it offers good rooms, cleaning everyday, the kitchen is big and the rooftop amazing, huge and with a view to the beach incredible.

The staff is your family, the make you feel at home, any problem that you have they won't hesitate to help you. You're the best!!

Thank you Noahs family for making me feel one of you!!

Date of stay: January 2018