“I'm salivating to go back to this resort...and i'll be there in July 2017”

Alpin Royal Wellness and Resort
Reviewed 30 April 2017

I love this place. I drove from the western part of Germany to this resort in July 2016 because I wanted to do a bit of walking in the mountains and wanted to be out of Germany. Oh boy I was not disappointed. I got a fantastic deal and stayed 5 days and 4 nights. My room was so peaceful with a large balcony overlooking the river. I kept the windows open all night so I could hear those soothing sounds. The fact that it's a SLH Small Luxury Hotel and I'm a SLH member aided in the knowledge that there are certain standards they needed to adhere to. The check in was flawless. The waitstaff was so nice to me considering I did not speak the language. The bartender was fantastic! We had a nice chat about mushroom hunting in the mountains....chanterelles. They asked about my walking in the hills every morning over breakfast and during dinner. The fitness room was appropriately equipped. I met the owner but was told she didn't speak English so I just nodded my appreciation but made sure I told the staff to tell her in Italian how much I loved the hotel. I enjoyed it so much I've been salivating at the chance to come back. I will be booking my next trip there for July 2017 and cannot wait to get my room again and see those wonderful people again.

Room Tip: Go for the Sunday-Thursday promotions if you can. Such a wonderful deal and great value for money
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank texasexinlondon

Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

After a month of tripping around Europe we wanted a few days somewhere quiet just to relax. This was perfect! The view of the snow capped mountains from our bed was breathtaking. The all inclusive menu was amazing, usually quality suffers when it is an all in price but not here. We had some amazing meals and they catered for my allergy without fuss. We enjoyed every meal though I think we both left heavier than when we arrived. The wellness centre was great, we spent hours relaxing and wandering from area to area. The staff were friendly and easy to chat too as well as being very helpful when arranging transfers that we needed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and left feeling relaxed and ready to face our long journey home.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

After having stayed in 2012 we decided to come back for a spring vacation....back to paradise in this wonderful family run hotel.
We noticed the wonderful selection of food available at breakfast and for the mid-day buffet to be wonderful, fresh tasty and readily available. Eggs, croissants, brioche, fruit...everything you wish for at breakfast and the hearty choices at mid-day where perfect. We really enjoyed the variety of options available for dinner with local produce and choices every night. This was something very important to us as South Tyrol is known for good food! The traditional Tyrolean evening dinner was our highlight as well as Gala Dinner at the weakened. A perfect way to wind down after a day walking around the valley. Perfectly cooked, super tasty and well presented for the wow factor.

Our room, overlooking the streaming river, was substantially large, very well maintained, beautiful lite by the sun, spotlessly cleaned every morning and every evening for turn down service and the luxury Bulgari toiletries where just super. We requested an iron and a kettle in our room, even though nespresso is available, and our request was met with friendliness and a smile from the wonderful ladies at reception who are just full of information about where to go and what to do during our holiday. Free hi-speed wifi was available in the room, and indeed throughout the hotel which we very much appreciated to stay connected. Also the TVs in the room had English channels showing.

The spa located downstairs allowed us to truly relax and getaway from our jobs and this is why we returned. The addition of the heated outdoor whirlpool was magical as in the evenings the temperature cooled down but you could take a dip and enjoy the sunset. The indoor pool, steam rooms, sauna, relax area where again spotlessly cleaned and was our area of retreat after walking during the day. We treated ourselves to some spa treatments and I loved the facial with Piroche products.

In short; value for money, a well run, maintained and spotlessly clean family managed hotel in a truly magical area with wonderful service from the restaurant, spa and reception with excellent rooms and relaxing spa.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank europelover26
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

We've been to the hotel over this Christmas holiday. Initially I felt this might be a undervalued family owned hotel which I personally prefer. Why not stay and enjoy spending quality time with my wife and 4yr old. Turned out to be a robbery. Site online booking is completely different than hotel pricing. Very avg. service. They even charged us 185€ extra daily fee for the 4yr baby. That's not including the overly priced room 370€ a night for the suite. I will never come back. Food sucks the chef is overly ambitious. Last word the owner needs to rethink her approach and be more transparent with the guests. Otherwise risk reputation. Having traveled to 25+ countries this hotel deserve 3*. Be aware and best of luck

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank dtango_76
Reviewed 6 October 2014

Unexpected day off allowed to spend two nights with my wife at this little hotel nested in the middle of a green and open valley. We had a few troubles in finding it (it was not present in google maps BUT I added it so it is now!!!) because in spite of being listed as in San Giovanni in Valle Aurina, it is past the sign that marks the end of San Giovanni itself….
But once there it was a wonderful experience: personnel really made the difference: at the reception, in the bar, at the restaurant, in the wellness area….everybody was amicable and friendly, making you feel really welcome. The room ( we were upgraded to a small suite, was reasonably spacious with a nice view on the green slopes. The food was mostly good and it really seemed prepared with a special attention to health. But the best were the local foods, of course: Knoedels, speck, cheese were all great. The saunas were in perfect conditions and we had the opportunity to take part to an "aufguss", that was something new for us and quite interesting. The whirlpool outside (very much american style) was really great to enjoy. Overall absolutely recommended! I can see people may complain about the scrambled eggs (cold) of the bacon (not quite that crispy) but why getting that stuff when you can have speck and fried eggs made on order? Thanks again to all the staff: you made the difference!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the river so there was no noise from anything other that that. But I guess that...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The hotel is located in beautiful Valle Aurina, by the road, but you will not hear any vehicle as all of the rooms are situated on the opposite side of building. We came pretty late in the evening and there was no place on parking, so we got a place in garage for free. Meals were great, rich and of fantastic variety. Rooms are very comfortable and big enough to rest after skiing or any other activity. Spa zone is also exceptional - pool with sparkling massage, different kinds of saunas and other treatments you can imagine in professional SPA. I found it very nice - the possibility to make some tea or drink juice or have a snack like dried fruits by the pool. I also used the fitness room, which is very good equipped. Our vacations were mostly for skiing and this is a perfect place. To Klausberg Ski Arena there are only 2 km and to Speikboden about 10 km away. The Stuff is very helpful and friendly. I would love to comeback to Alpin Royal in spring or summer!

Room Tip: All rooms are great and comfortable, it only depends on price you would like to pay.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Isabelle125
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was our second time at the Alpin Royal hotel, the first time was during our honey moon in 2010. I must admit that it is difficult to find such a beatiful building, with clean and comfortable rooms in such an amazing location: Valle Aurina has heavenly landscapes! The service (reception, cleaning and beauty farm) is very friendly and efficient. The spa is WONDERFUL: a swimming pool with whirlpool and artificial waterfall, a sauna with 4 different areas and the beauty farm (where you can choose amongst several welness treatments)! Only a minor criticism: the first time we went there the food was superlative (novelle cuisine with the typical Alto-Adige/Sudtyrol flavors), this time not at the same level (especially the vegetarian dishes).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
0.2 km away
Hotel Gallhaus
Hotel Gallhaus
#3 of 5 in Valle Aurina

Been to Alpin Royal Wellness and Resort? Share your experiences!