“Dishonest behaviour lost or forgotten property”

Mercure Brussels Airport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Evere
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband stayed there on the 26th April 2012 and forgot his toilettries ( with expensive perfume, aftershave and deodorant from Paco Rabanne ). He contacted the reception on the same evening he had left it and they told him he would have to wait until today 30th April to inform him if they had found it. Well, today they told him it wasn't found and that they couldn't do anything about it because they worked with a loose staff over which they had no control. This appears to be a corrupt policy. At least they could have proposed a refund of the forgotten ( but stolen ) goods. Such a hotel cannot be trusted and I pity the poor tourists having to stay there for one reason or another. Never again we'll use the Mercure Hotels in any part of the world.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank charlottelauwereins
There are newer reviews for Mercure Brussels Airport

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Had a foul-up with the airport ETAP, which was my fault but no communication from the hotel to say that they had cancelled my reservation so no room when I got there to check in, NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. However, the guys on the desk 'phoned around to try and find me a room!!

Ended up at the airport Mercure at the full normal rate PAINFUL.

However, room was clean and bed was comfortable. Small bathroom but clean and functional. I would not stay here at that rate again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 April 2012

the room was modern and clean - no problem there. Airport shuttle in the morning was very convenient. Wifi was free and reliable. that's the good part...

the price was high - a little over 200 euro per night for a standard room. Stayed at the wonderful Metropole by the Grand Place for much less during the same trip.

the service at the front desk was terrible:

when I tried to check in the front desk could not obtain authorization on any of my 3 credit cards. it was obvious this was a problem with their system as I had no difficulties of this sort during my 10 day stay at hotels in Antwerp and Brussels, but they refused to acknowledge this and instead refused to check me in without my paying cash up front for the room. So, I then had to walk a couple of blocks in the rain to withdraw cash from one of my cards (which they were insistent were not working). Of course I had not trouble using one of my cards to withdraw cash at the bank (though I'll be paying a service charge for this). When I returned to the hotel the staff were not friendly but instead again told me that the problem was with my cards and not their system. About an hour later I had a snack in the bar. When the bill came I thought what the heck I'll try and pay on my Amex card. Of course, it worked just fine in the hotel bar (about 10 metres from the front desk). When I told them this at the front desk they simply shrugged and said oh yes we sometimes have trouble with our system. Not so much as even an apology from any of the front desk staff who had earlier been quite rude and insistent that my cards were not operational. This completely spoiled my stay and I will not return nor recommend the hotel to colleagues.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Canadianmickey13
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I really object to hotels charging extreme amounts for internet access. Isn't wifi like water now and should be a standard? Anyway, glad to find that all rooms have free wifi here. Although you have to pay for highspeed wired connects.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I use this hotel when on business, as it's only about 10 minutes walk from the offices. My main negative observation is that it is quite pricey for what you get, but Brussels is the "gravy train" capital of Europe, with the EU and NATO based there. However, if the company is happy to pick up the tab, then that's not really an issue. The rooms are large and clean with cable TV, a safe and Internet access - if you're prepared to pay a quite high charge for it, which I'm not. The restaurant serves a very reasonable evening meal, but the menu choice is rather limited - more than four nights and you'll be re-working the combinations! The breakfast menu is plentiful and varied. The staff are very friendly, helpful and welcoming and they really do provide "service with a smile".

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stay at this hotel when on business in Brussels as it's 5 minutes walk from my office. I always find the check-in procedure tedious, there is always something to query. Usually related to breakfast which is not included in my rate, but for some reason they want to sign you up for it the night before. Overall the hotel is lacking character - it's not somewhere I would return to unless on business. Bedrooms are good quality though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SunnySurreyTraveller
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Good Hotel on a perfect location. Airport is nearby. Staff is very friendly and rooms are very good with a perfect rainshower. The bed is a bit hard but ok. The breakfast has a great choice. Parking in the garage will cost you 13 euros.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evere
4.0 km away
1.8 km away
Ibis Brussels Airport
Ibis Brussels Airport
#9 of 12 in Diegem

Been to Mercure Brussels Airport? Share your experiences!