See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed there two nights..Everything was fine cleanliness, staff, etc... they even offered me to print out all the plans for tourist places since the MAPs were finished.

The Breakfast was horrible. 1 kind of cereal, crossiant, coffee and orange juice, sometimes boiled eggs. I would next time go to some near by cafe ... there are plenty of choices on walking distances <1Km

You have to switch on heating by yourself in the room. Nothing complicated just pressing the button. But it was not told by reception so I did not knew it until I felt cold in night.

The Blankets are in Cup Board do not forget to take them from there this was also not told by reception.... The Hotel itself is small and old built. You can hear easily the door opening or noise from other rooms... But it was not so problematic for me because I was always coming late in night and leaving early in morning :) :)

All the market places and train stations are near by .... Remember Near NORTH TRAIN STATION there is a Red Light Area so you may come across it while walking from train station to your hotel.

I was alone and even walked through it like 00:00 in night ...and nothing happened to me (but hotel reception told me to be careful, in general) There is enough light and specially a lot of Cars are passing by the main Red light street so its not that scary to walk through....

Room tip: Good for families or Solo but do not pay for breakfast
Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was small. It had a sink and a stove in the room which was nice. The bathroom was clean. Only complaints are that on the first night there was a couple fighting in the room nextdoor. I called the front desk to see what was going on. The people at the front desk didn't do anything so I was left listening to people arguing all night. The second night I could smell smoke in the hall way. It is a non smoking hotel. Decent room, but wouldn't stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed here in February 2013. Nice welcome at the reception, large room with a double bed in a single room, a desk to study on, satellite tv with many english speaking channels, wireless internet and best of all, very good for the price. Will definitely stay here again at the next visits.

Room tip: First floor
Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable.
It was nice to have a big double bed in a single room.
Very quiet at night, but the trams start early.
Althiugh the rooms have cookers. there are no pans.
Reception has a fabulous coffee vending machine, and cold drinks - open 24 hrs.
This area is not nice anymore, though. A lot of immigrants hanging around the station
at night, a lot of homeless, and a red light district now. I was travelling alone, and spent 10
euros on the short distance to the hotel - too spooky to wait for a tram in the dark!!
Still, very nice staff and a great price for a night in this expensive city.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We booked this hotel in May 2012 and when we arrived we were told to go to another hotel surpassingly in the same business, we don’t know the name of the place they sent us but this was where we booked.

The location was ok as to reach Brussels attractions but everything else was pretty shabby. We travelled around Europe and stayed in 15+ hotels but this was by far the most disappointing. Brussels is an expensive place for hotels but as we were staying only a couple of nights we chose the cheaper option.

Overall it was very dirty, the painters seemed to have forgotten their ladders etc. (see photos), however the service was also ok.... my advice is if you are staying a couple of nights then try a hostel although if you want a bathroom (however filthy) then I suppose you could stay here. If you are on a city break do not stay here, for only the possibility of them putting you in a room in a separate building like in our case.

Happy Holidays!

Room tip: avoid. do not agree to be sent to another building.
Date of stay: May 2012