“Absolutely Wonderful!”

Kondalilla Eco Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flaxton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 November 2012

My husband and I stayed in Luxury Tree House 12, and it was just the perfect blend of comfort meets outdoors. The staff was so friendly upon our arrival, and we were given a bottle of champagne on the house when they found out we were on our honeymoon. The tree house was much larger then I had expected, and my husband I and absolutely loved the lovely tile throughout the house, it fit so well with the outdoor feel.
The kitchen was perfect, it had a nice fridge with milk, water, and coffee. There was a small hot plate type thing that you can use to cook food, but we did not use it as we brought fruit and sandwiches with us. There was also a french press coffee maker, and Nescafe for those who like that. The bedroom was comfortable and large, with a fantastic view and I just loved sitting outside listening to all the wildlife! The bathroom was fantastic, with the jetted tub and fluffy bathrobes. The bathroom also had a full size hair dryer but I did not use it.
The living room was very comfortable, with a dining room table, a couch, and flat screen television which got plenty of channels even though it stormed in the evening.
Overall I highly recommend Tree Houses of Montville. If you are expecting a completely dust free from top to botton type luxury hotel experience, this is not for you and you should just stick to staying at the Marriott in the city. If you love the outdoors, don't mind seeing a bug or two or a cobweb (you are staying in a treehouse after all) and listening to the animals at night, it's a great place. I hope to be back someday!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Hi Paola
Many thanks for your review
Congratulations again on your recent marriage!
I am pleased you had the rest you needed and I know we only had you for 1 night but it is easy to unwind amongst raw nature isnt it?
I appreciate you posting the photos for all to see, wonderful!
Look forward to welcoming you both back

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I don’t think any money has been spent on accommodation for a long time. The beds must be 10 years old, maybe more! They are nothing like what virtually all other good accommodation provides (comfortable and plush, given you’re paying to sleep on them). They are low, hard, saggy, cheap ensembles with barely enough padding to disguise the springs poking into you. You can see are going to be uncomfortable before you even lay on them.

Aside from the cheap, nasty, beds, I was stunned to see an old analogue TV! It only picked up 3 unheard of boring TV stations and the fuzzy green picture didn’t all fit on the very small screen so it wasn’t possible to watch the stations it could pick up. There wasn’t even a set-top box to pick up digital!!! It was unbelievable to see. That, to me, is a clear message from the owners that they do not care one hoot about your basic needs and comforts. Digital TVs are so inexpensive to buy these days, even at retail prices to customers off the street; I reckon a bulk buy from a hotel could get them much cheaper still. There is no excusing that. It’s an insult to the paying customer.

Also, be warned, the roads around the cabins are gravel and so every time a car drives past (meters from our bed) during the night, the noise of the car driving over large gravel rocks (and then taking forever to manoeuvre into their parking spot – headlights shining in our entirely glass room with non-blockout broken blinds!!) will send you mad! Between that and the bed from hell, you’re not going to get any sleep … but don’t think you can get up and watch a bit of TV! The blinds in our entirely glass room were old grotty broken verticals that didn’t close properly because the strips were either twisted up in the mangled cord or missing completely (leaving gaps for the neighbours/people walking past to see straight into our room).

We stayed in the possum cabins and friends (5 adults, 3 kids) stayed in the deluxe no. 5. The deluxe is ridiculous in its bed layout. The cabin is two storey, downstairs is kitchen and living area and upstairs is open space that looks down to the bottom level. Upstairs has three queen size beds with no walls, there’s no “bedroom” at all!! There is NO privacy at all, despite that it’s designed to sleep 3 couples!!! It was like a big open dorm room with a bath (spa) sitting out in the open for everyone to see (no walls around it) and a small bathroom with walls that don’t reach the ceiling (hear and smell everything that’s going on in there!). Our friends would come next door to our cabin to use our bathroom. Utterly ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank HappyAussieAhoy
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Good Morning "HappyAussieAhoy"
Thankyou for your review, all feed back helps us and future guests.
Your booking was for the basic duplex cabins, the family cabin you mentioned for 8 people was not infact for 8 people. You were therefore not charged for 8, at no time was this number of people mentioned. This cabin is not designed for 3 couples and not recommended for this, clearly states it is "open plan" on our website.
Both cabins you stayed in have closed off bathrooms with a door, so I am unsure why your neighbours had to use your cabin? Our double spa is closed off by balinese screens

Television in the family cottage has a set top box with 13 channels
Television in your cottage has the 4 channels, 2,7,9,10. I am not sure what you mean by "unheard of" channels.
Our guests do not usually visit the resort to watch Television, usually something they want to get away from on their visit, we are a National Park and nestled right in the rainforest. Signal is challenging and Montville town voted against the installation of an upraded TV tower/aerial system. I have HD television and do not get great reception at the best of times here.
As mentioned the cottages are duplex, so a neighbour parking may be heard.
Our beds are 6-7yrs old and I am sorry you did not get the rest you were looking for

I realise you will not be visiting the Tree Houses again but if you do venture back the "standard style" (next grade up) or the Luxury style might be more suitable.

Thankyou and kind regards

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My partner and I just arrived home from a perfect weekend away. After being upgraded on arrival, we settled in to out beautiful little tree house with a view of the creek, nestled amongst the forest. The service was fantastic, with the owners promising to maximise privacy during the stay. We ordered the breakfast hamper for the first morning and it was great. The entire place is well kept and really lovely, perfect for all kinds of travelers with different styles of accommodation to suit anyone. We will definitely return here again, hopefully someday soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmason150613
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Thank you very much for such a lovely review! We are so pleased that you had a lovely, restful time away. We try very hard to allow our guests a peaceful time away whilst letting them know that we are here if needed. We are glad that you got the privacy you were hoping for. We hope that you managed to eat your brekkie on the deck without having to share too much with the wildlife!! Thanks again - we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Danielle

Reviewed 1 October 2012

My family and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at The Tree Houses of Montville this September and without a doubt, it has been our best family holiday thus far! The setting is so relaxing and provides opportunities for enjoyable nature walks, casual strolls through boutique shops and loads of delicious cafes and resteraunts. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, perfect for families and couples. Above all this are the fabulous staff who run Tree Houses. Never before have I met staff who honestly want to ensure you have the best possible stay ever! Whilst staying at Tree Houses I also used their resteraunts facility to host a private function and the fabulous staff went well above and beyond their role to make sure it was a brilliant night. I cannot speak highly enough of the generosity and friendliness shown by this team and that, coupled with the beautiful surrounds, make Tree Housesan ideal get away!

• Stayed: September 2012
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Dear Gibbon3
Many thanks for your lovely review, your group were an absolute pleasure!
It is easy for the staff here to look after you when we are treated so well by the guest :)
Your group showed us great courtesy and we were only too happy to help make your function special
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you need a break

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We had a lovely stay at Tree Houses of Montville amongst the trees and woke up listening to the call of the whip birds. The only fault would have to be the bedding. The bed and mattress was so old that we rolled into the middle all night and the pillows were old and flat. The kitchen and bathroom need to be modernised and no power point in the bathroom was annoying. Although we loved the location we would have expected a higher standard for $200 a night.

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Hi Maureen. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay here at Tree Houses. I'm extremely sorry that you did not have an enjoyable sleep during your stay. If only I had known of your concerns during your stay, I would have gladly moved you to another Tree House or changed your bedding completely for you. Your comments on the mattress/pillows are noted and we'll be sure to look at rectifying that matter. Yes, waking up to the Whip Birds is a lovely way to start the day that's for sure! Thank you again and kind regards, Danielle

Reviewed 25 September 2012

This place was excellent, Would recommend to anyone who wants a quiet and peaceful holiday, the cabins are set in the trees, we did not have any trouble with insects, at all, We had bush turkeys, One advice do not feed them as they do come back and knock on the window for more. Lovely to hear the birds in the trees, especially kookaburras. People who runs the place were very friendly, and do not bother you, but they are there if you need them. Plenty of firewood at each cabin, we had no trouble getting the log fire going, The whole 3 nights stay was just perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
Treehouses, Owner at Kondalilla Eco Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Hi Jeannie
Many thanks for your review
It is amazing how many nature lovers there are out there!
We know the natural bush does not suit everyone with its different smells, sounds and critters but most people are just happy to escape city life and find some "absolute peace" for a while.
I am pleased our piece of nature did its trick for you both and we look forward to having you on your next escape :)

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I just spent our 28th Wedding Anniversary in one of the tree houses "The Nest" very secluded,on arrival at reception you couldn't ask for more friendlier hosts,as they do not come and service your accommodations daily giving guest total seclusion you are,told that you can come and get fresh towels,kindling for the lovely fire,tea,coffee bathroom needs any time you like.Having Kondalilla National Park right next door was great the walk down to the falls and rock pool is spectacular. It is a shame the restaurant wasn't open so for our special day hope I'm aloud to mention places but for breakfast The Edge is wonderful so peaceful and the view is fantastic and the food YUM!!! then for dinner it was The Gypsy Table again food and hosts great.On our other days we prepared our own food in our tree house we managed quite well with all the cooking appliances available could maybe have the addition of a medium frypan for the cook top.Look I could keep raving but I won't from the cosy fire to the spa with a view,the wild life that you have coming everyday for a treat, the whole experience for us was just so relaxing and refreshing and we will definately be back with our family.Thank you to Danielle,Vicki and staff we had a truly amazing weekend.....WOW

Room Tip: For a romantic secluded tree house I couldn't go past No 15 The Nest you do have one above but n...