2,174 results
All reviews shuttle service steep hill main restaurant las riendas tour desk cloud forest costa rica shuttle buses rocking chairs large property zip line breakfast buffet reception area night walk beautiful view spread out mountain side
Reviewed November 3, 2017 via mobile

Most people have covered things but I have a few comments. Our room was very nice and had 5 wall lamps with the lowest light output made. Bring a LED bulb if you want to read or if you do any detail activity. Our room had 2 straight back and one rocking chair. Not good for sitting on the balcony. The bathroom had a high louvered window in the bathroom which opened to the hallway and dim lighting. The walls were not made to block sound. Take a light if walking to the Luggaci restaurant at night, there is a metal grate that can catch your foot.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lee Z
Reviewed November 1, 2017

This hotel has all the possibilities of being a 5 star resort, but the way it stands, it’s a 3 Star? The views from the rooms are spectacular. Good food and multiple restaurants. A spa and much more. The rooms are spacious but definitely needs upgrading including electrical, bathrooms, halls, lighting and furniture. I would definitely go again for a reasonable price .

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2017

Parking right outside room block was great. Excellent large room with fantastic big windows to make the most of the views (although I arrived and left the room in the dark I know the view would have been incredible).
Didn't eat there but friendly staff and great location for visiting monteverde

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I'll start with the worst part and what made my rating so harsh: This was the only hotel that we stayed in during our honeymoon (along 6 others) that didn't have a type of honeymoon welcoming.
There wasn't a single hotel that didn't treat us with SOMETHING - a wine, chocolate, a card, a sign, or a swan shaped towel. For this price I expected at least something. It is called the "honeymoon suite"! It had nothing honeymoon in it.
Even more so, when we wanted to open the wine in the room (that you pay for) there was no cork-screwer in the room.
The property of this hotel is just huge! It is on beautiful, but the size of it makes it hard to hop around in it.
Overall, it seems like they put a lot of thought and effort in the big things, but forgot the little ones. Our room was nice and had nice view and a jacuzzi, but then there were no towel hangers or pictured on the wall, the small things.
Also the room didn't have any option for heat, and this area does tend to get cold. The curtains felt old and dusty and not allergy friendly.

I would say that overall it wasn't bad, it is a nice hotel, but the value for money is poor.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nuritbench
Reviewed October 29, 2017

I am a big fan of the rustic look so I really liked this hotel built on a hillside. It's clean, the staff were very friendly, courteous, and professional. I wanted bookings to the canopy/zip line and the hanging bridges tour at the Selvatura park the next day and they took care of all that without any problems.
Those without rental cars might want to stick to rooms at the lower elevation because of the steep climb to the rooms at the higher elevation.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms in the higher buildings are fantastic. The 600 and up rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo