I stayed solo for 2 nights whilst I was working in Heredia. I had room 907 right at the top of the resort and it’s a steep walk down to reception and the restaurants. There are shuttles... just call them and they come along on demand. But not a resort for people with walking difficulties. Because of its layout it’s hard to get a sense of other guests. So if you want seclusion this is it. There is a small pool with beds ( not very comfortable) and WiFi in my room was very patchy. If you come to Monteverde you are probably going to be out most of the day so stay in the cheaper 3 star hotels. But the beds were very comfortable and the peace and quiet was exceptional. The food is ok but nothing special. Breakfast was the standard buffet. Food at the pool as well. Spa on site but didn’t use it. Staff ok and there is a tour desk for you to arrange your sight seeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the misty cloud forest of Monteverde, El Establo offers the best quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience: The area`s best view, heated indoor pools, spa, restaurants, café-bars, special events center, internet access, souvenirs shop, tennis court, basketball court, mini soccer court, hiking trails, canopy tour and the most charming staff. This half Costarican – half Quaker, family owned hotel, will allow you to share the best of both cultures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your El Establo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Establo Hotel Monteverde
- El Establo Monteverde
- El Establo Costa Rica/Monteverde