“Great location, helpful staff, great room.”

Catanduanes Midtown Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Virac B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The staff could not have been more helpful and our room was lovely. The location is great and very central to most things in town with a Jollybee and supermarket very close. Wifi is restricted to the upstairs lobby but carried to our room which was nice. Shower had recently been upgraded to central hot water which was plentiful and hot. Having also tried another hotel in town I can say this is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: 203 upstairs is a matrimonial and gets the WiFi in the room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RayPinkerton

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stayed here in November while attending a family wedding. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, with free WiFi. The staff were so helpful in organising transport and other requests we had. A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO CHE on reception who was so helpful and went out of her way to assist us when one of our party had to return home at short notice. There is not alot of choice in Verac, but even if there was I doubt they would be as welcoming and comfortable as here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank KILQUADE
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I visited Virac months ago for a very short business trip. I learned about Midtown Inn through a friend who was assigned there for work. The place is pretty much an above-average inn for a place like Virac. Its physical structure is modest, average rooms which have the basics (hot&cold shower, TV, small closet) though the bed was small. Just enough for one to play dead the entire night. The environment is similar with Manila inns/apartelles, you know, the feeling that you'll just suddenly be awaken by the sounds of intimacy on the other side of the room or someone might knock on your door and offer some kind of 'special' service. Nothing like these though during my stay.

It is conveniently located at the center of Virac's small town proper. The ever popular bee is just across the street where good fast food awaits in case you have some gastric issues with roadside eateries/restos. The port is a minute's walk. Church is also nearby. Their mini restaurant is not so appealing though. Lots of choices in the menu but few are readily available. The atmosphere during my stay was bad actually since there's this bad odor around, like that awful smell of a dead rat or something. Whatever it was, my appetite went ahead before the food was served. I just need something to eat.

Over-all, if you're on a quick, short trip to Virac, this place is an option.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Mang_Fisher
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Practically in the center of town, within walking distance to a fastfood chain, drugstore, the church.

Simple and clean, very basic. Everything works - the water heater, airconditioning, and TV. Quite upscale for the small town like Virac, really. :)

I'm not the tallest guy around, but the bed was small so I hardly had space to move around.

Overall, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank yjgisaac
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is cozy with friendly staff. Problem starts if you eat in their restaurant which normally has little food to offer. Maybe because it was during the Holy Week when we were there and people in the provinces are Catholics so almost all the restaurants and places to eat are closed. The area is near the Port of Virac where you can jog in the morning. Wifi and hot water are available. You must try their rice coffee and tapang kalabaw. It has a roofdeck to see the whole of the city.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank CeeJay014
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I visited Virac in 2012 with my husband. It is typical of me to choose the place where to stay. We stayed in two different hotels in Virac during our visit. One was in a resort hotel close to the airport. I'm sure we will stay at the Catanduanes Midtown again. The staff were very nice & accommodating, most of all they are very polite. It is always a good thing to see first hand people at the reception greet you with a smile & respect no matter how crappy you look like from a long journey. The manager was very nice & friendly & glad to offer options to make your stay as comfortable as possible if there might come problems during your stay. They also have a free transport service to the airport , souvenirs, & free breakfast. Thank you and hope to see you again on our next visit in Catanduanes.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NEr V
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed at Midtown Inn and are really overwhelmed by the service they provided. Their Hotel Staff/Driver are already waiting at the airport when we arrived and even got a nice sign with them for us to recognize them. All of their staff are very accommodating and always ready to give us what we need or requested. The Interior of the Hotel is really pleasant to the eyes...warm and cozy. I also love the paintings! The room where we stayed is very spacious, I could say much better than the room we had at Manila Pavillion that cost 8,000 a night. We were also able to use their big tv for videoke coz it happened that we had a wow magic sing with us. I was also able to use their iron for our clothes. They have a laundry service but can't be delivered on the same day, so i just used the bath tub to wash our clothes and they tried to put a clothes line for me on the roof top. Everyone you see in the hotel are always ready to give you a warm smile so it really made the Inn more friendly and welcoming...The bathroom is also spacious with closets/ cabinets where you could hang your clothes so they won't crease. They just have to add a blower,comb, lotion, bath gel, bubble bath soap, shaver, slippers, and robe to their bathroom, mini bar, and a safe in that room and I could really rank them with the 5 star hotels in Manila :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank cham R

Been to Catanduanes Midtown Inn? Share your experiences!