“A good quality meal in a Pub”
Review of The Vic

The Vic
Ranked #46 of 121 Restaurants in Subiaco
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great Service , Extensive Menu . We shared the Seafood Board which costs $49 . It came with 4 oysters , smoked salmon , two yabbies and two types of battered Fish . Also 4 slices of Fresh Bread .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This would usually be my regular before a game of footy so haven’t made a visit for a while. The $3.50 pints caught my attention and I can say it was definitely worth the trip. Less crowds so great service and you can grab a meal and drink for under $20! Games are still played on the tv so the ‘game’ atmosphere is still alive at the Vic. To be able to shout your mates a round with out a small bank loan, what a feeling! This is my new regular... again

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Looking for a place to celebrate Easter with our family of 13. We saw there was a scoopon voucher which we first rang to ask if they could accommodate our big family. They agreed at first and we all went on to get our voucher. After purchasing them we rang to book our table and that is when the issues started: first they said they can’t seat us together then it was moving our original time from 1pm to 2pm because our table was too big.

Finally arrived yesterday where they seated us outside next to a smoking area, we asked if we could be moved or at least get the kids moved to a smaller table away from smokers which they said no to. Finally ordered our meals at 2.30pm and our food did not come out till’3.45pm. The food was mediocre at best and really not worth the wait.

Will not be returning here ever again

kyleandjoel, Owner at The Vic, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Stefwoz

Thank you for your valued feedback.
I did not see any complaint in the management book, did you ask for a manager ? I’d the quality of food and service was not acceptable please email with further details
With regard to you booking on scoopon the scoopon deal clearly states that only 1 voucher can be used per table , that is a maximum of 4 people , we can of course accomodate 13 people when you called, I spoke to you directly and have this advice and advised this.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We went for lunch with another couple for a seafood platter bought with a voucher. Fantastic value, considering it also came with a bottle of quality sparkling wine per couple. The service from our friendly waiter, Jacob, was fantastic and we were very happy with the standard of the food.

The only thing I could fault was the seafood would have benefited from a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing over the tasty fish, squid, crab claws and oysters. Or perhaps a little bowl of aioli. But with chips and salad too it was certainly a very satisfying meal.

The venue is bright, fun and friendly with a very pleasant shady courtyard area. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We headed up to subiaco from the city as we had heard they were doing cheap drinks.

I had never been to The Vic before despite being in Subi many times before. I actually stopped as most subi businesses were overpriced for whay you got.

So I was extremely surprised to see The Vic to be full of patrons and a lot taking advantage of their $3.50 pints.
Yes, you heard right. These are the cheapest beers I have ever had. It's refreshing to see an establishment offering bargain prices as we have been subject of expensive items and services since the mining boom of years back. The $3.50 pints are unnamed but they offered most other pints for $10 which was still reasonable. The premises was clean tidy and enjoyable with inside and outside seating.
Service was great considering the amount of people. We had a burger and chips with additional chip serves. These were fresh and resonably priced.

By the way they had security but everyone was well behaved and absolutely no agro whatsoever. That blows the theory that if beer is too cheap ppl would get blotto and fight.

Very good arvo with a message to all businesses. So overcharging and treat perth patrons better and we will come. Well done to The Vic.