“Nice for the price”

Hotel Verviers Van der Valk Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 89 Restaurants in Verviers
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We took the brunch (29,5€) on Sunday noon...Good food for the price...as well for the cold and hot dishes...
A bit more variety in the starters would be appreciated (seafood, we had for instance oysters in Vandervalk Mons). Mussels cooked "on the fly" was a very nice initiative and excellent.
The fish (raywings) was not fresh (smelling/tasting ammonia), at least mine. But the chicken was nice, so was the mixed grill. Unfortunately no show cooking or meat/shrimps cooked in front of you like in Vandervalk Mons.
Small but tasty cheese buffet, and very good dessert choice !
In a nutshell, good quality for the price, but a bit more variety would then make really great.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

After a short walk through this not too pleasant town, I decided to dine here. I probably should have gone to the #1 rated place in town, but that one appeared to be full. Or maybe I just hoped that I could grab my laptop and do some work at the hotel along with the dinner.

The hotel restaurant had plenty of tables, but seemed to be very busy too. Probably normal for an evening, but quite noisy for my liking.

Anyway, the service was surprisingly fast, the food was quite ok (Thai salad) and I almost enjoyed the evening. If you are too lazy to get out for a walk, this is a good enough place for a bite.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Van der valk restaurants are very consistent and really do well. Highly recommended. Note they serve 2 very distinct menus for French/Vallonians and for the Dutch

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The food was good. The service was excellent. We ate at the restaurant section. Good choice of wine.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

Well, talking about Verviers, I believe this simply is the only choice.
I may have missed something else but, honestly, having toured the city by car, I very quickly left, having seen nothing Worth any attention.
Going back to the Van der Valk : very nice building, nice room, reasonable price.
Very recommendable !