“A slice of France in downtown Hampton”

Gateaux by Marc Frissard
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Hampton
Cuisines: French
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

It is always a pleasure to dine at the patisserie of Mark and Lu-Lu.
Great coffee, superbe food and a warm and friendly atmosphere.
I highly recommend Marks soup.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Bought a strong (double shot) regular size cafe latte today.... cost me nearly $5. And the coffee was average. Just down the road I can pay $3.80 or $4.

=> Not keen to return I'm afraid.

2  Thank horatio-hb
Reviewed June 11, 2017

After years of living in South Yarra and being spoilt for choice (tivoli rd bakery, zumbo, lux bite, burch & purchase etc) I was a bit anxious about moving to the bayside burbs and not having a "go to" place.

I first met Marc & Lulu a few years ago and have never looked back. Lulu still remembers the first time we met as I had jokingly said, "If the lemon tart isn't good, I won't be coming back"

Maybe I had been to a few too many suburban "French" bakeries and left with a dissapointment of overly gelatinly or curdled lemon tarts?

The lemon tart was so good in fact, I came back on the weekend with my French husband.

We travel to France quite regularly and can honestly say Marc is a creative genius when it comes to his cakes and pastries. In fact, if you compare them to the boulangeries/patisseries in France, they are equally amazing, if not better.

So here are a few reasons why we love Gateaux by Marc Frissard

1. The coffee is great
2. Friendly & helpful French and French speaking staff
3. Croissants, the right amount of buttery flakey outer layers with a soft centre
4. The bassam cake, the glaze, the chocolate raspberry mousse, everything! delicious
5. Lets not forget the lemon tart, smooth silky lemon curd and the right amount of curd/biscuit base ratio

1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

Excellent food, presentation and taste all made the Mother’s Day brunch with the family so nice and special. It is the care and attention to detail that we love along with the high quality and stunning food ever evolving.

Portions and size of meal was perfect! Great to try so many different types of food on one board that was beautifully presented.

1  Thank adrianrees78
Reviewed March 30, 2017

Fresh french pastries savoury and sweet delights. My chicken sandwich was to die for which was a surprise. They have a sectioned off table at the back which is great for a group to catch up.