All reviews continental breakfast main street yogurt restaurant downstairs very pleasant stay balcony room bar sink fresh air get away pub loon thirsty peterborough fridge ontario patchwork armchairs
Reviewed May 27, 2018

My sister and I stayed at the Village Inn for 3 nights with our 86-year old dad (who is very picky) over the Victoria Day weekend 2018. We found everything about our stay excellent, but note in particular the very helpful and kind staff who went out of their way to make us comfortable. The rooms were lovely, with very comfortable queen beds and scrupulously clean bathrooms. Needless to say, everything worked. The breakfast was fine, but as soon as we mentioned that we might need to eat at odd hours and asked if there was a microwave on the premises, one was delivered to our room together with a supply of dishes which they washed up for us every day - perfect for our needs and far beyond what we had expected. We should also mention that Lakefield is a charming and friendly town and that the Village Inn is right at the centre of it - just a few steps from a delightful walk along the river, fine dining at the Cassis Bistro and plenty of interesting little shops. We will certainly be back - thanks again to everyone working at the Village Inn that weekend for making our stay so special.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the 3rd floor and both were in excellent condition.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Village I, Manager at Village Inn of Lakefield, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for the Kind words! I am so pleased that you had a wonderful weekend here at the Inn! We take great pride in making our guests feel at home! I will pass on your Thanks to the ladies that were here that weekend. Look forward to seeing you again! Have a great Summer :)

Reviewed December 22, 2017

For me the room was very comfortable and conducive to resting. I needed to do some of my work in the room and everything (lights, heating/cooling, WiFi, coffee maker) worked great. Breakfast was included and it was simple (Danish, toast, juice, cold cereals, etc.). I am not much of a wheat eater, so I did not partake too much of the breakfast, but I have nothing bad to say about it. There was fresh coffee and cold water to drink each morning, that was fine by me. I did not hear much outside noise from adjoining rooms nor from outside the building. The bed was comfortable; even the sofa was comfortable. The front desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. The only thing lacking (for me) was a fitness room or access to a local gym. If I had had that available, I would be at 5 stars instead of 4 stars.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Village I, General Manager at Village Inn of Lakefield, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for your kind words we are happy you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2017

The rooms are nice, clean and spacious with queen beds and a 2 seater and 2 chairs. Some rooms (towards the street) even have balconies. Breakfast in the basement was a sad experience. Only the absolute necessities in a cold and dismo wannabe meeting room.

Room Tip: They have two rooms dedicated to people that are travelling with dogs on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2017

We stayed here on short notice, as the boat we were planning to stay on wasn't suitable for the night. The door cards didn't work after reprogramming several times. We decided just to walk through lobby. Room was uninspired. In my mind more like a motel that an inn. They do (and did) accept dogs (2 rooms), which is why we stayed there (we were in Lakefield and our dog was with us). If you are staying in Lakefield there isn't much choice, but there are better places in Peterborough (Peterborough Inn and Suites).

Room Tip: All rooms likely quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Downtown Lakefield, free parking at the hotel, convenient. Nice sized room, bathroom could be a bit bigger. Comfortable beds, good pillows. TV picture quality was not proportioned properly. Useful small bar fridge under the bar sink near the room entrance. We had a balcony off the front of our room with a table and 2 chairs which were great as the weather was still good to be outside. Nice staff. Restaurant/Pub just off the checkin area is convenient. Included breakfast is a little weak with limited choices, packaged muffins, biscuits, etc.. fresh fruit, good coffee, juice, cereal, toast. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family