“Tough stringy steak”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

A great evening with Family, good service, but pity about my 36 day fillet steak, tough and stringy ,staff were indifferent,one other of the Family also a little disappointed with quality, We expected much more for the very expensive food and drinks, it didn't spoil our evening completely ,but we will NOT be returning to Rockpool , overrated dining,I have eaten in restaurants world wide,and quality always tops,this visit very poor.
Management note my name...D Davies.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank DaiPerth
Toby F, Brand Manager at Rockpool Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2018

Thank you for getting in touch with this feedback. We take all feedback seriously and have forwarded your comments along to our management team for review. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,472)

Reviewed March 24, 2018

Rockpool is always on point with excellent steaks and service and for those who dont want steak, the menu has some incredible seafood selections and one of the best wine menus (book) you'll ever come across, it is difficult to not enjoy the experience of Rockpool dining. Well worth it.

Date of visit: March 2018

Hello, Thanks so much for the lovely comments and great rating! we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the towers over the weekend and decided to go to rockpool for dinner on the first night.
We were seated quickly but after refusing to order wine and just opting for a simple lemon lime bitters, the waitress seemed less enthusiastic to serve us.
The food was lovely, but small portions and a bit pricey... (even for a higher class restaurant)
When I asked for the bill, the waitress basically stood over the top of me and I felt pressured to write a tip amount. I totally regret that now, as I have had much better service at other restaurants over the weekend, who deserved a tip more than her.

Just a tip to the staff- A genuine smile goes a long way. We left ASAP as we did not feel comfortable.

2  Thank Janaramage
Toby F, Brand Manager at Rockpool Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hello, thank you for the rating. We take all feedback seriously and have forwarded your comments along to our management team for review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Recently went for my first visit, along with friends and my wife.

Food - fantastic. We skipped entrees and each went for an incredible steak and a number of delicious sides. Then finished the meal with light but amazing desserts.

Service was very good and at the level you would expect for this level of restarurant.

We were all impressed by the ambience and didn’t feel too close to other tables.

Up to the point I was to pay the bill I would have rated this a 5 out of 5....then.

Well then as I looked at the bill for several hundred dollars (which I expected) I said I would pay by card and was both shocked and disappointed when I was told there would be a charge for using a card.

On principle I personally think card charges are utterly ridicous, they are part of running a business and should be simply factored as part of the cost when determining pricing. But for a fine dining restaurant when a bill will always go into the hundreds I find it simply ridiculous.

1  Thank Aussie_in_Tokyo
Toby F, Brand manager at Rockpool Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We have a great time Monday night at Rockpool! My boyfriend organise a surprise and he organise a dinner there to celebrate my birthday!
Great food, fantastic combination of flavours and very well presented dishes... from the entree to the dessert! Everything was just perfect.
Service was attentive and professional, and a big thank you to the 2IC Rafael (hope I spelt right :)
Thank you Rockpool team! We will be back and recommend this restaurant!

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your dining experience at Rockpool Bar & Grill Perth. We are delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we’ll be sure to share your comments with the whole team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon