“Delicious food in a relaxed setting ”
Review of Mario Bistrot

Mario Bistrot
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Cupecoy Bay
Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

We hadn't dine at Mario in a few years. His new location at Porto Cupecoy in Cupecoy has secure parking. The food was beautifully presented and delicious. My husband ordered the soft-shell crab tempura which was a special app and for main course he enjoyed a Ribeye which was cooked as requested. For dessert he had the warm chocolate, hazelnut and banana tart with chocolate ice cream. I ordered from the 3 course summer menu which, priced at $40, is a great deal! My app was the warm wahoo sashimi with a small crab tempura roll. Delicious! I choose the shrimp and scallops with lobster sauce and crab risotto. For dessert I had the warm apple tart with salted caramel ice cream.
We drank a bottle of Kaiken Malbec priced very well at $42. Cedric our server was very pleasant and professional. St Maarten/St Martin has so many wonderful restaurants and Mario's Bistrot is definitely in the top 5!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 1, 2017

we were disappointed at Mario's and had never felt this way in the past at his previous location. My rack of lamb was fatty and I could not eat half of it. I should have sent it back, but I didn't.

Reviewed May 29, 2017

This was my visit visit to Mario Bistrot and I can assure you it will not be my last! The food was so well prepared, the service and the outside atmosphere was definitely well worth the visit. The waiters were very attentive and the food superb. I would recommend this restaurant when visiting Saint Martin

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed May 28, 2017

A very nice restaurant in the Cupecoy Marina which is close to the Belmond La Samanna where we stayed. Ordered a French martini and had to send it back for a tweek on the mixture. No problem. The food was excellent and so was the service.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Prices seemed higher than at the old place 2 years ago. Didn't get the wow effect this time. Food was very good though and service was efficient and to the point. Old place had more charm but still worthy of a visit. Much easier to park your car.

Will go back as we like to support our fellow Quebecer.