2,645 results
All reviewssmall resorta la cartesitalian restaurantbalcony roommexican familieshot dogsbuffet foodmusty smelllobby baractivity staffspecialty restaurantsthe air conditioningpicky eaterguacamolechicken nuggetsfamily resortping pong
Reviewed September 8, 2017

We were at this hotel in May 2017. It is a basic hotel with average food, decent drinks, and old but clean rooms. The location is great, pool good, and beach excellent. Where this hotel exceeds is in its service! We had outstanding service from Salvatore and Carolina. They looked after us at breakfast and were our pool/beach servers. They made sure we always had drinks and were having a good time. They are a credit to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tigger747
SAMBA V, Director de Recepción at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Dear tigger747:

On behalf of the Samba Vallarta Family, we are especially grateful to those whose names were recorded in his memory, Thank you very much for your visit, for taking the time to share your comments and to frame the areas of opportunity.

Your comments are very valuable and motivate us to continue working to provide you with quality service.
We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in this Samba Vallarta home.
Excellent day.

Best regards.
Reception Manager.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

The staff at this hotel are amazing. Such good service. Cirilo was amazing at the bar, I've never seen somebody work so hard to please all the guests. I have to also mention Salavdor was the best at keeping me refreshed by the pool.

The grounds keeping staff do an awesome job keeping the place in top condition the landscaping is beautiful. Housekeeping are also great and non-intrusive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulypaul83

Dear Paulypaul83:

On behalf of the Samba Vallarta Family, especially those whose names were recorded in his memory, Thank you very much for your visit, for taking the time to share your comments.

We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in this Samba Vallarta home.

Excellent day.

Best regards.
Reception Manager.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

This is our 3rd time to the Samba Vallarta Hotel. We came here first time in 2013 and stayed for two weeks. Before Samba we travelled to Riverian Maya and stayed at 4 and 5 star Resorts. Samba is perfect for Families with young kids. Everything is close enough to get to in just 5 minutes. The Resort is small but thats a good thing. Lesser Rooms means lesser people and better service. Everybody on the Resort remembers your name or what you like to drink. The food is better then in 4 or 5 star resort because they cook in small batches and everything is fresher. Imagine all those 4 star resorts thats cooks for 3000 to 4000 Guests. The quality isnt the same. The food here is very good and we didnt get bored at all eating at the buffet most of the nights. Over the years the food has improved in the main Buffet area. The first two times we came here the buffet was open air. Eating in the heat is not very pleasant. We ate mostly at the airconditioned A la Carte restaurant before. This time around the buffet has been upgraded and is now enclosed and airconditioned. Also a small Pirate Ship slide has been installed at the kids pool.
The staff at Samba is the main reason that we came back the 3 rd time. Its like visiting an old friend and they make you feel you are welcome and at home. Superstars like Ismael, Genaro and Carlos(Mr. Pinky) and many others are the real star of this resort. Without them this resort would be just another 3 star resort in Mexico. They go beyond their duty to make your stay memorable and go the extra mile without even asking. My father in law who is diabetic was eating some ready made oatmeal that has sugar in it. He told us he couldnt eat it . Ismael went into the kitchen and brought him oatmeal without sugar. We never asked for it. Needless to say my Father in Law is a happy camper . Attention to details and good observation skills from the waiters to please every minute of your stay is key to people coming back years after years.
Traveling with 21 people is normally a challenge to please everybody , especially if you have picky family members. I was worried they would complain about the outdated rooms that deserved only a 2 star. For me a room is just to sleep in. Most of the time we are outside anyway. As long its cleaned everyday I am fine. I didnt hear any complains which was a good sign. All room safe worked fine. Every room has a mini fridge now and is filled with two bottle of water everyday. If you need more the giftshop sells 2 liter bottle for 16 pesos. For me i brought insulated waterbottle from home and went every night to the bar and let them refill with Mineral water and lime.
My second concern was for Vegetarian Food option for two of my Brothers and Sister in Law. They really were afraid not having too much option to eat. I am glad to report there are plenty tasty option for Vegetarian. The only night they had not much choice was the Seafood night. They went down to the buffet 35 minutes before us and when we finally went down they said they just had bread and rice and some salad to eat. I went to grab a plate and piled it up with cabbage, carrot , broccoli, onions and sugarpeas. I asked one of the waiters if they can bring it to the kitchen and stirfry it for me with teriyaki sauce. 5 minutes later i brought a delicious plate of stir fry Veggie plate to my sister in law . She asked me where did i grab that. I told her not to be afraid to ask . From that day on they never had any issue with food.
Overall this was another fine vacation and everything went smoothly. I usually give this Resort 5 star ratings but this year around i have to deduct one star. The one star deduction is for the Managment that changed some rules for the A la Carte Restaurant. In Previous Years we enjoyed the Italien a la Carte Restaurant that had Aircondition and it was indoor. My Daughters were looking foward to enjoy those excellent fine dinning food again. But for some Stupid reason kids are not allowed in the aircondition a la carte anymore. I never ever encounter this kind of rules in any other resorts before. This is a family resort and limiting the choice for family to eat in the buffet only is a deal breaker. The food in the a la carte was 5 star dinning before . Now its just a 3 star. Some food in the buffet taste 10 times better.
I hope i could help some folks decide if this is the right Resort for you.
See you next time Samba

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Pool area have better Aircondition. with 7 rooms in total we had rooms facing the pool and facing Riu Jalisco.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank omega2002
SAMBA V, Director de Recepción at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear Omega2002:

We thank you for taking the time to share your opinion and we are pleased to know that your stay with us was pleasant. Comments like yours motivates us to continue working day by day to serve you in the best way, It will be an honor for us to welcome you again in this your home Samba Vallarta.

Best regards
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Stayed August 5-12th. Check in was smooth, beach was nice with plenty of chairs and palapas, within an easy 30 minute walk to Bucerias, and the food was GREAT! Those were about the only good things for this resort. Staff were hit and miss. The majority were at least friendly given the bit of a language barrier. The buildings themselves are falling apart. (The roof had been caved in before we got there above a couple rooms, and nobody seemed to care). House drinks were watered down. (Bartender cracked open a new bottle of "bacardi" fresh out of the liquor cabinet and there was no seal, but then we asked for Appleton rum and he finished off a bottle, opened a new one for us and there was a definite "crack" to the seal being opened. We noticed this on multiple occasions. Pool was fun for our 4 year old son, but it is August and over 90 degrees, you don't need the pool heated warmer than the air temperature. We had four people in our room and only 2 bottles of water and 2 towels daily. We were able to get more towels but had to ask every day. Water would have been an extra 20 pesos per bottle, however we were able to get glasses of water from the bars and buffet when they were open.
Overall we had a good trip, loved the resort's location and the area in general and will definitely go back. We just won't be staying at this resort.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank janddrobinson
SAMBA V, Director de Recepción at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Janddrobinson:

On behalf of the Samba Vallarta Family, we thank you for the time you took to write your comment, we regret to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay, your comments are very valuable for the continuous improvement of your home, we invite you to Offer the opportunity to serve you and your appreciable family again.

I hope to have the pleasure of greeting you soon.

Cordially
Reception Manager

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights (7/24-7/27). Our arrival was a bit crazy, it was a little before 3pm and there were no rooms available. Once rooms started to become available, we got one by one and only two were close by. The receptionist was rude, he seemed overwhelmed. Our room was not cleaned thoroughly; there were hairs in the bathroom and we were given only 1 towel. When we requested more, they gladly brought them to us. Housekeeping staff was friendly as well as the bartenders. Now, the staff at the snack bar were amazing, Salvador especially, he was very friendly and funny, he even took a picture with my family. There were a few other staff members that went above and beyond to make sure were taken care of. We were celebrating an anniversary and they went out of their way to bake a cake for us. Food was satisfactory; the beach was clean. Customer service provided by gentleman at the pool (host) was outstanding as well. My aunt lost a new t-shirt and was not found; my mother forgot a bag with clothing and was not returned but I would definitely go back. Good price for all inclusive, but you only get 2 bottles of water and two beers in the fridge regardless of the number of occupants; if you ask for more, you get charged.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the snack bar, staff was awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Irma S
SAMBA V, Director de Recepción at Samba Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2017

Dear Irma S: