Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews estancia vik polo match chilli horses countryside opportunity
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2019

We absolutely loved Estancia Vik. If I had known how fabulous it was going to be I would have stayed for two weeks!!

I've been to many five star "luxury places" around the world but this hotel is unique. The property is breathtaking, rooms decorated with fascinating art without sacrificing any comfort or amenities, and activities plentiful. I really did feel as if it was my home instead of a hotel.

As an experienced equestrian I thoroughly enjoyed the riding opportunities. Horses were very well trained and maintained beautifully. (In fact I think they live in horse heaven on the property) The staff went out of their way to make sure I was able to ride at my level and I was never stuck in a beginner group. A special thank you to Carlos who put up with hours of discussions about horses in my terrible Spanish.

The staff could not be more lovely and accommodated every need both big and small with grace. Thank you to Lara for tirelessly answering my many emails as well as to Guadalupe, Bruno and Claudia for helping to take such good care of us. Restaurant suggestions were great, drinks brought to us while we played pool in the living room, milk brought in a pitcher to my refrigerator so I could enjoy my morning coffee on my porch .... etc

If I had to find a fault it would be that the website does not even remotely capture what it is like to be at the property.

I can't wait to go back ....

Room tip: All the rooms are unique and I don't think you can go wrong
Date of stay: March 2019
3  Thank dw150
Fly T, Agencia at Estancia VIK Jose Ignacio, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2019

thenks for bookings call +5491149487606

Reviewed March 12, 2019

What a lovely experience we had staying at Estancia Vik. The staff, especially, Guadeloupe, was superb. They were helpful, personable and very eager to make sure our stay was perfect.
The Estancia enjoys the most beautiful setting on top of a hill with wonderful views of grazing cattle and horses, a lagoon and glimpses of the ocean in the distance. The public areas are incredible with works of art adorning every wall and statues gracing all the open spaces. No expense has been spared in furnishing this vast property and its twelve rooms.
Our room was spacious and extremely comfortable. It was like staying in the one of the finest art galleries. When we opened our windows it got even better with beautiful views in all directions.
The food was good and contrary to other reviews there were wines on sale for just under US$40.
During the day we thoroughly enjoyed the horse riding. The horses were very well behaved and the staff friendly and responsible. We also took advantage of visiting the two other Vik hotels at the beach, which is just a fifteen minute drive away. Otherwise there is the heated pool at the Estancia to enjoy.
We stayed for three nights, we wished we had stayed much longer.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank heb999

thenks for bookings call +5491149487606

Reviewed February 26, 2019

We loved it here. The rooms were great, quiet and well appointed. Ask for a specific suite that fits your style as they vary a lot. I had made some request before arrival and they were all takne care of. Breakfast is till very late - noon at least - bascially when you feel like it - which is very important to us when in Uruguay. Food in the restaurant was good. We also had dinner at Playa Vik which was outstanding. Service is very kind and caring, but also informal, which we like. We did some horseback riding (fun gaucho) and paintball (my kids had to shoot dad) which was easy to organize. The locaiton is good for Jose Igancio and we very much liked being on an Estancia as we were doing beach for the next two weeks along the coast. It is a like being at a friend's place, not a hotel guest. All in all, would highly recommend and we will return.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Erik567
Reviewed February 23, 2019

Just got back from 4 nights at Estancia Vick and we are already trying to plan our next visit. Everything at this place is perfection - the view, the food, and the amazing service from the staff. The hotel only has 12 rooms, so it really feels like you are staying at someone’s home. The property is extremely peaceful, overlooking a lagoon, open fields and grazing horses. It is located about 15 minutes from the town of Jose Ignacio, where many restaurants, the beach and the other Vik properties are located. We had a rental car so it was easy to get ourselves around. The hotel is located at the end of a long dirt road, we were a little nervous when we first arrived but after a few trips we got used to it. The hotel does offer a shuttle service for $20 USD if you need a ride into town.

We went horseback riding for the first time and the staff working at the stables were so nice and helpful, we felt extremely safe. The property is huge so we were able to ride all over and take in even more views. Throughout our stay we got to know the staff working at the hotel and they could not have been more nice or helpful. Every need was tended to and we felt extremely comfortable throughout the stay.

Date of stay: February 2019
2  Thank ilana380
Reviewed January 30, 2019

I loved everything about this hotel - the decor, the ambience, the views, the service, the food - all amazing! We checked into one of the suites and were in awe of how spacious, modern and creatively decorated the space was. We also loved the balconies and the views of the lagoon/horses. I also loved the sunset views from the top of the estancia (the steps were a little scary to walk up, but despite that, the views were incredible).

The food was incredible as was the service - the staff is extremely personable and friendly and they catered well to dietary restrictions and customized menus. I wish we stayed longer than we did, but would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Jose Ignacio!

Date of stay: November 2018