“Oustanding Service”
Review of Cafe Zeta - CLOSED

Cafe Zeta
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I travel through Latrobe of a Tuesday when this café is closed , called in on Sunday to dine and loved it , will be making a detour in my travelling from now on to visit again . Fantastic coffee , lovely atmosphere and outstanding service . Greeted as we came in by a cheerful nicely spoken young girl , thought we wouldn't get a table as they were full but another girl showed us through to another dining area . Ordered potato and leek soup and salami focaccia , large servings and very tasty . For dessert chocolate cupcake and raspberry chocolate sponge roll , have to say the best sweets I have had out . All in all , we loved it and looking forward to our next visit .

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had it not been for my experience there on A Sunday afternoon, I would have rated this café " excellent ". Have visited this café a couple of times previously really great food and service ! Would recommend a week day visit rather than a weekend as they were under staffed hence no service, a sorry would have been more would have been appreciated rather than excuses. Went to Mackey's further down the road and had a light lunch there instead.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Came here today because my wife saw some "cakes" on Facebook and thought we would check it out. We were left standing like idiots for some time before asked what we wanted. The cakes looked good to be fair but we hadn't tasted them yet. The place was silent and awkward, no music or bustle so you find yourself whispering. We ordered a large coffee, small coffee, 2 whoopsies and a piece of devils food cake. Sounds great hey? How does $28 dollars sound? I was absolutely gobsmacked. If I hadn't just knocked off nightshift I would have told them to stick it but being tired and confused I coughed up the dough hoping it would be amazing. The coffee was cold and very milky. The devils food cake was if I'm honest quite good. The whoopsies were rubbish. I mean $28. Is it any wonder that these local places open and close like stable doors with poor service and pretentious prices. I feel like the other reviews for this place are not an accurate representation of the experience. Without honesty our locals won't improve and we with be stuck with this kind of constant dissapointment.

1  Thank Jonnyandtheteagster
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It's cold outside, wind is blowing and the tip of your nose is tingly with frost. But step inside Cafe Zeta and you immediately feel the warmth - not only from the glowing fire, but from the friendly welcome as the cheerful staff greet you. The coffee is absolutely the best. Add a home-made biscuit (or other tempting dessert) and you are soooo glad you dropped in to Cafe Zeta's for coffee and a chat with friends. Or better still, go for lunch - their menu is always great - I love their chicken hot pot and the chowder is to die for!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a gem of places to visit, a maze of delights throughout the shop. So many things to buy. The cup cakes are divine and made freshly. Please do your self a favor and stop at this little funky cafe. You will want to go back as many times as you can. 10/10