See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 10, 2015 via mobile

It's a rather nice hotel for it's low price. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
+ the bed
+ a very large tv
+ coffee making in the room
+ all of the staff are very helpfull
+ the room is rather big
+ the low price

- far away from the city center
- a lot of ants in the bathroom
- old style windows so it can be noisy.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LarsJohnsson
Reviewed August 19, 2015

Been to Phrae a couple of times now. This hotel is nowhere near any others, and is near the River just north of Pratuman Public Park. The hotel is marked on Google Maps, but only in Thai Script. Having your own wheels helps

Really comfortable bed, good air-con. Spacious room, bathroom OK. Yes, there were a few ants, but as with most things, problems are a choice of perception. Don't leave food out.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2015

Fifth stay - will be back. I spring for the VIP room - at 900baht its a steal.

They stock up the fridge for me with the brands I like - with a very small mark up on supermarket prices.

they are flexible, accommodating and very friendsly

Room tip: I like Vip room 2
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin_One_Man_Show
Reviewed February 28, 2015

The welcome was less than inviting and the staff spoke little English but fortunately my wife is Thai and did all the talking. I booked our two nights on line but at checkin we where treated like we where unwelcome. I had never found this at any other hotel.
The room looked great. Large and very clean with a massive flat screen tv. The bathroom was large and modern. What followed was shocking. My wife was in the shower and I had sprayed around the room for bugs when I lay on the bed and fell asleep. I woke when she was finished in the bathroom only to find the room was infested with big black ants. They where everywhere, all over the floor and ceiling, up the walls and over the bed. I am guessing that by spraying I had disturbed the nest.
I told the young guy at receipting and after seeing them for himself he showed me to another room, but that and every room on the ground floor that wee looked in had ants on the floor. We finally found one that was clean of bugs. Before moving our belongings I sprayed the room and after the all clear we moved. Now the air con is noisy and the kettle has to be on the floor because the lead is not long enough. Over all the price is good and apart from our small problem, I would recommend it with a note to check your room well.

Room tip: Take insect spray and check your room
Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2015 via mobile

Passed through Phrae on the way to Nan & Chiang Mai. Was too late already to push onto Nan & was looking for accommodations for the night.

Wasn't expecting much of a small town hotel. Room was basic, but most importantly it was clean. Only gripe was that there was a strong smell of incense pervading the room. Lucky it was winter and I could leave the windows open, which helped.

Service left a lot to be desired. Person at the counter was glum & not helpful at all.

All in all, very good value when you consider the price!

Date of stay: January 2015