Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Prior to a business mentoring visit to Les Cayes, we spent a couple nights at this quiet clean hotel. On the same property is a French restaurant with excellent food. Across the road is a swimmable beach with white clean sand. A short walking distance away you can have lobster dinner on the beach. A great place to get away and rest, and all at reasonable prices.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 972billb
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Let me qualify that I stayed at this hotel while working on a hurricane relief project so, while I was there there was no electricity, water and Internet. None of this was the hotel's fault. It was because of the storm. With that said, it looked like a nice spot. The staff was accommodating and the restaurant was good. Despite the hurricane situation the rooms were clean and I would think it could be a beautiful location when things are more normal.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank MBK12345
Reviewed May 5, 2016

I live in Port-au-Prince and this is my get-away and stay sane in Haiti place, The restaurant is fantastic and the beach clean and empty most of the time. Highly recommend! Rooms are clean, showers strong - and they let me bring my dog - they have two running around the hotel.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel because on a prior trip to Port Salut had had breakfast there and realised they had a beautiful section of the beach.

The room was nice and clean except for the bedding which had some stains that seemed to be blood. We met another guest who said his sheets had holes that seemed to have been chewed by mice and he'd asked over a day earlier for them to be changed and they had not been.

The WIFI connection was very poor - we were on the first floor so tried sitting outside downstairs near reception and in the restaurant but it wasn't working properly anywhere.

The other main issue was the power. The national electricity would turn off around 8am each morning and they refused to run the generator before 5pm. We begged them to please do so as we had work to do online but they said no so we ended up going to a hotel down the road and buying meals there so we could use their power and WIFI. On the second day after more harassing on our part they agreed to turn the generator on for an hour so we could charge our laptop and live off the battery until it drained.

The restaurant had good service and nice food, though a little pricey.

At this price point we definitely expected better service in relation to the amenities.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2016

The location is excellent; the food is good (but our group preferred the restaurant across the street); the rooms are clean. Other than that: the rooms are dim because most of the light bulbs need to be replaced; when you ask for this, they'll install one extremely weak bulb into a fixture that holds three. Don't bother trying to read in your room or on you patio after sunset..just not enough light. There is no hot water at all from the sink, a dry tap. If you want hot water, you leave the shower on for a few minutes and collect whatever you need from there. The pull chain on the ceiling fan was broken and out of reach. When I pointed this out, the manager climbed up on a chair and pulled it for me but didn't seem to think it needed a new cord.
Lastly, you need to watch your charges at the bar. One female server told me a glass of wine was $30. I told her this was ridiculous so she answered "I thought you meant a bottle." She charged $10 for the glass, which I paid, and the next day, another server charged me $5 (the right price). This also occurred with club soda (charged $5 when the correct price was $3)

Room tip: Rooms facing ocean get more light
Date of stay: March 2016