Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2017

The Fortress is a little piece of heaven in Port Salut. Rooms are spotless and have air conditioning (Much needed in the summer months!). Food is delicious! Location is directly across the street from a beautiful and clean beach! If I wasn't already married, I would choose this location for my wedding in a heartbeat!

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Murphy362
Reviewed February 15, 2016

I went to Port-Salut on a last-minute decision to volunteer with the children's clinic. I did not have a place to stay, and very little money to find a room. Madame Yanique, who runs this hotel (and is the administrative director of the children's clinic), arranged for me to stay at a dorm for clinic volunteers for free - a wonderfully kind gesture. For the week I was in Port-Salut, I visited with Madame Yanique several times, got a tour of her hotel, and had dinner there, too. It is a beautiful building (see attached photos) directly across the (very small, not busy) street from a white sand beach that you can walk on for miles. Port-Salut is a small enough town to not seem hectic, but big enough to have interesting shops and restaurants to visit. I would like to make a special note of the food. The food is divine. If you're vegetarian, concessions can be made and you'll still eat well, though your options will be less varied. Lots of rice and beans, but of several varieties, and mixing it with pikliz will always make it mouth-wateringly good.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2015

We have spent 5 days in this hotel on December 2015, for a professional retreat. The rooms are not very well equiped: not enough towel, no soap, no electricity sometimes...But we appreciate the welcome cocktail, and the staff is very friendly and courteous.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2015 via mobile

Came to visit Port Salut on holiday and stayed 2 nights. SPECTACULAR hotel! Wonderful service, food was delicious and a tribute to the wonderful cuisine of Haiti. Staff was very helpful in providing travel arrangements for nearby attractions. Rooms are beautiful, French colonial design. Air conditioned, comfortable beds, television and all amenities included. I would recommend this place to anyone who visits this part of Haiti, you will have wonderful memories forever!!!!

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We got married in Fortress Inn in january 2013. From reservation to the actual banquet, Yanique was amazing. The premises are very clean. The buffet organized for thirty persons was very good and quantity was plentily adequate. The dinning room was nicely decorated. The room, wich was graciously offered for our wedding, night was comfortable with AC. We fell welcome all the way.
We would definitely recommand this place!

Date of stay: January 2013