“Very enjoyable evening”

The Indian Cuisine
Ranked #45 of 247 Restaurants in Thornhill
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 26, 2018

For us, this is a new restaurant and we will certainly return again. It is all Indian food and we were impressed that even Indian people were eating there! They have a menu which looked large to me so if you want to choose a la carte, you can. But, they have a buffet with quite a few choices -- salads, meats (chicken, goat, lamb and others) in sauces, vegetable dishes (there were several but I had the eggplant), fish, rice, a noodle dish, desserts (ice cream, rice pudding and Gulab Jamun (sweet balls in syrup). They bring naan to the table -- hot and fresh -- delicious. We all got the buffet and I admit I couldn't taste everything and I don't know the names of all the dishes I did eat. But, I found everything I had was tasty, perhaps a bit on the salty side and only one dish I tasted was too spicy for me (but not for the others in my group). Service was quick and friendly, there were quite a few customers so there was a gentle hum of conversation. The lunch price for the buffet is $12.99. We went for dinner and the price was $15.99. We thought it was a fair price.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

The server at this restaurant tried his best. The buffet choices were meager and at least brought eggplant dishes and non-buttered naan to our table. Taste of the food wasn't anything special.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

We really enjoyed our food and experience here. Waitstaff were very friendly and attentive. The food we ate (tandoori chicken, butter chicken, tadoori naan, and rice pudding) were all delicious. We would definitely go back to try the buffet some time.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed February 23, 2018

I tried this place for the first time based on many good reviews I read. Butter chicken had lots of gravy- but it was also very thin. And not a lot of flavour. In addition, the chicken pieces were very small- and dried out. If you've heard people mention tomato soup- that's what this butter chicken tasted like. You can cook this dish better yourself, trust me!

I suspect possibly this delivery food came straight from their buffet leftovers. We also ordered goat curry- this had a lot more flavour and some spice- I would probably order it again. We also ordered samosas- they weren't the thin pastry ones but thick and doughy with mostly potato filling. They weren't a highlight. I don't think there is an excuse to send dried out shriveled food in a watery sauce to a customer paying $40 for their meal. Not unless you don't want them to order again.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 4, 2018

For the thornhill area pretty decent prices , portions are quite good and very friendly courteous staff. Food was piping hot with a blend of right amount of spices and Naans were really nice .Overall a decent restaurant and would be visiting again.

Date of visit: February 2018