“Surprising Fine Food”

Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna
Price range: US$16 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Authentic. Italian. Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna - a modern-world eatery that stays true to traditions, favored for its thin crust wood-fired pizzas. For business lunches, after-work cocktails, family dinners, casual nights with friends or an evening with that special someone, Enoteca Monza is your go-to destination. The menu features Italian classics and contemporary favorites, including arancini, calamari fritti and veal parmigiano plus a host of delicious pasta dishes. These dishes are further complimented by the wine bar and extensive offerings of wines by the glass.
Reviewed 2 May 2017

The boulevard hosts a myriad of chain restaurants, This particular one is only one of three such restaurants in Montreal, Laval and the West Island of Montreal. I ordered a plate that was so good I wish I would know how to plrepare it myself. It was steak meat cut up served in a hot sauce, it was very tasty. The service is so friendly, helpful and pofessional. The seating quite comfortable. And in good weather there is a terrace outside.

Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Hello Ilania,
Thank you so much for your visit and your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the food, the service and the restaurant. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We were off to a bad start when we waited about 30 minutes for a table even with reservations. Once we sat down it took about 20 minutes before someone came to take drink orders. The drinks we ordered we really well done. We were 5 girls and we all enjoyed our food. My suggestion would be the osso poutine. It was delicious. The pear salad was also divine however ask for extra pears. For desert the Nutella pizza, you can't go wrong. I can't wait to go back and try more things off this excellent menu.this time I will go with the expectations of bad service and hope to be surprised.

Hello Eva,
Thank you for your visit and your feedback. We are happy to hear you ultimately enjoyed your visit and the Osso Buco Poutine, the Hazel Salad and the Nutella Pizza in particular. We apologize for wait time and any delays in service. We will look further into this with our manager. For the future, do not hesitate to alert our manager when any issue arises, it is the best way for us to resolve the situation immediately. We really appreciate it and happy to hear you plan on coming back and we look forward to serving you again for an even better experience, we are confident we will exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Service was very friendly. Bar service a little slow.
Heated rolls delicious when warm...too small to sustain freshness when cold.
Pizza and veal parmesan were delicious. The brownie for dessert was also very good.

Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

Hello H D
Thank you for your visit and your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the service, the pizza, the veal parmesan and the brownie. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2017

We dined here with friends. The menu is quite large, which is great when you have a mix of ages (including kids under 10).

For appetizers, we ordered the calamari and arancini balls. The calamari was very good and the arancini balls average (but I'm comparing them to our favourite Italian place in Streetsville, Ontario, so may be unfair).

I was about to order the 'large' pasta portion, and was told that it feeds at least 2, so we ordered a large for me and my 17-year old daughter - they were right. Even my 15-year old son took some and I still had 3 bowlfuls of pasta to finish the serving. But, it's not just the size - the sauce had a great consistency and decent seasoning (I like mine spicy), and the linguine was cooked very well...obviously, freshly made. So, for about $35, you can feed about 4 people for dinner.

The service was good - the server was happy to comply with my request to distribute the large serving into smaller plates, and was diligent enough to check back several times, despite the fact the restaurant was fully booked.

If you're in DDO, I highly recommend you visit...but make reservations if it's on a weekend.

Michael G, Owner at Enoteca Monza Pizzeria Moderna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hello Jurist,
Thank you so much for your visit and your great feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the calamari, the pasta and the service. We are pleased to hear you and your friends all found something to your taste on the menu and enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit!
Thank you, Michael, co-owner, Enoteca Mozza

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

We were a group of 4 adults and 4 kids under the age of 5 (including my 5 month old) so when I called to make a reservation, I told them straight up that they could put us in a corner so as not to bother the other diners. They put us in a great spot actually that suited the group very well. The restaurant also had a perfect dull roar to it where even if one of the toddlers shrieked, it wasn't too noticeable, yet the adults could still have a conversation without having to speak too loudly.
The waiter, Matt, was on the ball every second. He was patient, kind, always smiling, and polite. He even warmed up my 5 month old's dinner for me without batting an eye. Classy and very much appreciated.
Last but not least, the food was excellent. The glass of wine I had was the right temperature as well. Kids had spaghetti with meat sauce and vanilla ice cream. The 2 guys had the Carnivor pizza (exact name might be wrong) and it was loaded with meat and delicious. I had the chicken parmesan with fries and roasted veggies - excellent. And the other person had Penne a la Gigi - also very good. We finished with the Nutella pizza (to die for) and some cappuccinos and lattes.
Looking forward to our next dinner here.

Hello Kait,
Thank you so much for your visit and your great feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us and that you’re already planning on coming back. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere, the service, the food and the wine. We will be sure to share your comments with Matt and the rest of the team. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Thank you, Michael, co-owner, Enoteca Mozza