Memphis TourismMemphis HotelsMemphis Bed and BreakfastMemphis Vacation RentalsMemphis PackagesFlights to MemphisMemphis RestaurantsMemphis AttractionsMemphis ShoppingMemphis Travel ForumMemphis PhotosMemphis MapMemphis GuideHotels
All Memphis HotelsMemphis Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in MemphisBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Memphis MotelsMemphis CampgroundsMemphis HostelsSpa Resorts MemphisBusiness Hotels MemphisRomantic Hotels MemphisMemphis Green HotelsMemphis Luxury HotelsMemphis CasinosMemphis Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Motel 6 Hotels in MemphisSpringhill Suites in MemphisFour Points by Sheraton Hotels in MemphisExtended Stay America Hotels in MemphisKnights Inns in MemphisInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in MemphisCourtyard Hotels in MemphisRodeway Inns in MemphisLa Quinta Inns & Suites in MemphisWoodSpring Suites in MemphisPreferred Hotels & Resorts in MemphisAmericas Best Value Inns in MemphisComfort Inns in MemphisHampton by Hilton Hotels in MemphisDoubleTree by Hilton Hotels in MemphisPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Downtown HotelsQuince - Oakhaven-Parkway PD HotelsHotels near BartlettHotels near Sea Isle ParkHotels near CaplevilleHotels near University Area Neighborhood AssociationHotels near Central Gardens Area AssociationHotels near West JunctionHotels near RaleighHotels near Cooper Young Community AssociationPopular Memphis Categories
Discount Hotels in MemphisHotels with Smoking Rooms in MemphisHotels with Shuttle in MemphisHotels with Hot Tubs in MemphisHotels with Kitchenette in MemphisDesign Hotels in MemphisHoneymoon Hotels in MemphisHotels with Balconies in MemphisHotels with Bars in MemphisHotels with Complimentary Breakfast in MemphisNear Landmarks
Hotels near GracelandHotels near Sun StudioHotels near National Civil Rights Museum - Lorraine MotelHotels near Beale StreetHotels near The Peabody DucksHotels near Memphis ZooHotels near Memphis Rock 'n' Soul MuseumHotels near Stax Museum of American Soul MusicHotels near Mud Island River ParkHotels near Main Street TrolleyNear AirportsNear Colleges
Hotels near Tennessee Technology Center MemphisHotels near Visible Music CollegeHotels near William Moore College of Technology Memphis, TNHotels near Barber SchoolHotels near University of Tennessee Health Science CenterHotels near Baptist College of Health SciencesHotels near Southern College of OptometryHotels near Southwest Tennessee Community CollegeHotels near Memphis College of ArtHotels near Mid-South Community College
All things to do in MemphisAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental CarsMore
Sun Studio: Tickets & ToursGraceland: Tickets & ToursNational Civil Rights Museum - Lorraine Motel: Tickets & ToursStax Museum of American Soul Music: Tickets & ToursThe Peabody Ducks: Tickets & ToursShelby Farms Park: Tickets & ToursBeale Street: Tickets & ToursMemphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum: Tickets & ToursSlave Haven / Burkle Estate Museum: Tickets & ToursAutoZone Park: Tickets & ToursFedExForum: Tickets & ToursStatue of Elvis: Tickets & ToursThe Cotton Museum at the Memphis Cotton Exchange: Tickets & ToursTom Lee Park: Tickets & ToursBlues Hall of Fame Museum: Tickets & Tours
Memphis Tourism and Travel: Best of Memphis
A city jam-packed with music, past and present
Memphis is a pilgrimage for those wanting to visit the birthplace of the blues, of soul and of rock 'n' roll. On Beale Street, W.C. Handy put down on paper the first written blues music. Elvis, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and Johnny Cash all recorded at the historic Sun Records, which is now a museum. Graceland, the second most-visited home in America, welcomes visitors from around the world who yearn for a peek into the life of "the King." But Tennessee's largest city also offers much more than music. It has stellar weather (with more sunny days each year than Miami), great dining (be sure to sample barbecued ribs), art galleries, and electric nightlife.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Memphis.See all
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.See all
Quintessential Memphis bistros, bars, and beyond.See all
Explore Black Heritage and Culture
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Memphis
The Soul of Memphis: Bars, Blues and Barbecue
Recognized as Home of the Blues and the Birthplace of Rock 'n' Roll, Memphis attracts music-lovers from all across the globe. Then there's also the barbecue—soul food that simply can't be missed. Here are some of my picks for a true blues and bbq experience.
Ting, Singapore, Singapore
- Charles Vergos' Rendezvous5,101Charles Vergos’ Rendezvous is a top contender for "Best BBQ in Memphis", and you’ll find out why after taking a bite out of their famous charbroiled ribs prepared with a signature dry rub recipe that’s over 70 years old.
- Beale Street8,623Beale Street is the epicentre of all the magic, and one of the most iconic streets in America. For the best experience, come in the evening where the streets are bumpin' with music. See if you can also spot brass notes with names of famous musicians like Elvis Presley, W.C. Handy and B.B. King embedded into the sidewalks.
- Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum2,312Stroll through different exhibits that reveal the influences behind rock and soul music and find out how they took over the Billboard charts—and then conquered the world.
- Lafayette's Music Room312Music museums aside, another way of getting the Memphis sound experience is to hit up one of the many Blues bars. At Lafayette's, you can bask in the soulful crooning of live music and enjoy delicious Southern fare like po-boys and shrimp and grits while you're at it!
- Sun Studio11,543Swing by the birthplace of rock ’n’ roll for a guided tour around the most famous recording studio ever. It’s where Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, B.B. King and Jerry Lee Lewis all did their first recordings—talk about walking on hallowed ground!
- Payne's Bar-B-Que145Want to try something other than ribs? Have the chopped or sliced pork sandwich at Payne’s Bar-B-Que. Crispy, tender and oh-so-delicious, especially with a side of beans and some mustard slaw.
- B.B. King's Blues Club471Jam to the Blues, soul and other styles of music at one of the most famous bars in Memphis. It’ll be an unforgettable night filled with great music and amazing food. PS: The catfish and fried pickle chips are top recommendations.
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music2,072My favorite part about the Stax Museum is the Express Yourself dance floor, where you can groove to the music. There are also other innovative exhibits, galleries and collections dedicated to preserving the legacy of American soul music and its artists.
- Central BBQ4,154Had your fill of music? Time to fill your tummy with Memphis soul food, which is none other than Memphis-style barbecue! Central BBQ is a top choice among locals and tourists alike, with their dry rub ribs and pulled pork hailed as crowd faves.
- Blues Hall of Fame Museum212This is a must-visit on your Memphis music pilgrimage. Learn all about the history and culture of the Blues through various galleries and get to see awards, album covers and even iconic memorabilia like R.L. Burnside’s guitar and Otis Spann’s piano.