Atlanta TourismAtlanta HotelsAtlanta Bed and BreakfastAtlanta Vacation RentalsAtlanta PackagesFlights to AtlantaAtlanta RestaurantsAtlanta AttractionsAtlanta ShoppingAtlanta Travel ForumAtlanta PhotosAtlanta MapAtlanta GuideHotels
All Atlanta HotelsAtlanta Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in AtlantaBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Atlanta MotelsAtlanta HostelsAtlanta CampgroundsAtlanta ResortsAtlanta Family HotelsAtlanta Luxury HotelsSpa Resorts AtlantaAtlanta Green HotelsRomantic Hotels AtlantaBusiness Hotels AtlantaBy Hotel Class
By Hotel Brand
Aloft Hotels in AtlantaOYO Hotels in AtlantaInterContinental (IHG) Hotels in AtlantaAC Hotels in AtlantaSpringhill Suites in AtlantaHoliday Inns in AtlantaIntown Suites in AtlantaQuality Inns in AtlantaBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in AtlantaHoliday Inns Express in AtlantaRamada Hotels in AtlantaOmni Hotels in AtlantaRenaissance Hotels in AtlantaTowneplace Suites in AtlantaExtended Stay America Hotels in AtlantaPopular Amenities
Grant Park HotelsMorningside - Lenox Park HotelsPerimeter Center HotelsAtlantic Station HotelsMidtown HotelsBuckhead HotelsPoncey-Highland HotelsInman Park HotelsDowntown HotelsCumberland HotelsPopular Atlanta Categories
Hotels with Balconies in AtlantaCondo Hotels AtlantaDesign Hotels in AtlantaHotels with Shuttle in AtlantaSuite Hotels in AtlantaHotels with Hot Tubs in AtlantaAtlanta Hotels With Indoor PoolsHotels with Restaurants in AtlantaHotels with Room Service in AtlantaAtlanta Party HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Atlanta History CenterHotels near LEGOLAND Discovery CenterHotels near Georgia AquariumHotels near World of Coca-ColaHotels near Atlanta Botanical GardenHotels near Fox TheatreHotels near Centennial Olympic ParkHotels near Zoo AtlantaHotels near Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic SiteHotels near Turner FieldNear Airports
Hotels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Motels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Near Colleges
Hotels near Interdenominational Theological CenterHotels near Spelman CollegeHotels near Clark Atlanta UniversityHotels near Morehouse School of MedicineHotels near Morehouse CollegeHotels near Atlanta Technical CollegeHotels near Georgia State UniversityHotels near Grady Health System Professional Atlanta, GAHotels near Atlanta Beauty & Barber Academy Doraville, GAHotels near Morris Brown College
Atlanta Tourism and Travel: Best of Atlanta
Atlanta has been dubbed everything from the "capital of the new South" and "the next international city" to "the best place to do business." It's also a great place to visit. Fueled by the prosperity of local mega companies like Coca Cola and Holiday Inn, the prestige of hosting the 1996 Summer Olympic Games and the energy of young upwardly mobile types who have migrated to the city in droves - Atlanta is on fire. And this time it's a good thing. From world-class restaurants and a myriad of cultural attractions to a hip nightlife and sporting events galore, the city is cosmopolitan in every sense of the word. But Atlanta has also managed to maintain its historic character. Stop by the Atlanta History Centre or visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Historical Site, a moving tribute to an American icon. Browse through the former home of famous author Margaret Mitchell or pop into the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum for details on the life and times of the former president and his family. Whether you choose modern urban endeavors or old southern pleasures, Atlanta will not disappoint.
Start planning for Atlanta
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
Explore Black Heritage and Culture
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Atlanta
Atlanta Camping Done Right
Got camping on your mind? Atlanta is surrounded by three phenomenal state parks with options for camping and glamping (for folks who need a tad more comfort). My guide even covers quirky roadside attractions, hidden food finds, and a mix of outdoor adventure. Go forth, friends, and enjoy nature.
Alex Temblador, Texas
- Fresh Air Bar-B-Que223 reviewsFresh Air Barbecue has aged well since it opened in 1929. As the oldest pit-cooked barbecue in Georgia, Fresh Air is a state institution serving up the best in barbecue and a legendary Brunswick Stew.
- Buckner's Family Restaurant348 reviewsBuckner’s Family Restaurant takes the cake—erm, peach cobbler—for country cooking. Fried chicken, cornbread, and greens; does it get better than that?
- Old Car City70 reviewsIf you’re the type that loves the spooky vibe of junkyards where old cars go to die, you’ll be in heaven at Old Car City. Definitely bring your camera to capture that time gone by.
- High Falls State Park291 reviewsDo go chasing waterfalls at High Falls State Park. Campgrounds and yurts make it easy for fishing enthusiasts to enjoy this outdoor Georgian mecca.
- Etowah Indian Mounds State Park221 reviewsThe Etowah Mounds State Historic Site is the most intact Mississippian Culture site in the Southeast. Take time to explore six earthen mounds from a community and culture that called this part of Georgia home between 1000 and 1550 AD.
- Cauble Park72 reviewsReady for more lake action? Make your way to Cauble Park for a sandy beach and lakeside swimming. Set on Lake Acworth, it’s serving up the ultimate lake day experience from dawn to dusk.
- Henry's Louisiana Grill1,198 reviewsAfter a day spent hitting the trails at Red Top Mountain, clean yourself up real nice and head to Henry’s Louisiana Grill for some bayou favorites. Discover joie de vivre (the joy of living) through their most tasteful delicacies—jambalaya and boudin balls.
- Red Top Mountain State Park342 reviewsYou can’t beat the trifecta of outdoor recreation at this state park: a lake with a beach, 15-miles of hiking trails, and camping. If you’re feeling fancy, book a stay in the lakeside yurt.
- Stone Mountain Public House40 reviewsCrepes and a glass of wine? Yes, please. Stone Mountain Public House is doing romantic kitschy dining right, and they welcome all with diverse food options for vegans and gluten-free eaters alike.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir166 reviewsYou may spot a lot of marvelous things while camping—rare birds, shooting stars, waterfalls—but what about an enormous white stone Hindu temple? Little ol’ Liliburn, Georgia has just that in the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. You don’t need to know much about architecture or Hinduism to fall hard for this glorious gem.
- Taqueria Los Hermanos212 reviewsIf you can overlook Taqueria Los Hermanos’ shopping-center location, you’ll be met with the best darn street tacos, asada, and tres leches cake. Portions are hefty— come hungry.
- Stone Mountain Covered Bridge40 reviewsStone Mountain Covered Bridge is as cute as a Georgian peach. Pack a picnic and enjoy one of the last remaining structures created and constructed by Washington W. King, a prominent African American businessman in the late 1800s.
- Stone Mountain Park4,071 reviewsWith golf courses, a dinosaur exhibit, a train ride, and campgrounds, Stone Mountain Park is the equivalent of an outdoor amusement park. Hop on the Summit Skyride, a Swiss cable car, and enjoy views as far as the Atlanta skyline.