Atlanta TourismAtlanta HotelsAtlanta Bed and BreakfastAtlanta Vacation RentalsAtlanta PackagesFlights to AtlantaAtlanta RestaurantsAtlanta AttractionsAtlanta ShoppingAtlanta Travel ForumAtlanta PhotosAtlanta MapAtlanta GuideHotels
All Atlanta HotelsAtlanta Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in AtlantaBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Atlanta MotelsAtlanta HostelsAtlanta CampgroundsSpa Resorts AtlantaAtlanta Family HotelsAtlanta ResortsAtlanta Green HotelsRomantic Hotels AtlantaBusiness Hotels AtlantaAtlanta Luxury HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Aloft Hotels in AtlantaHome2Suites in AtlantaAC Hotels in AtlantaSpringhill Suites in AtlantaHyatt Regency Hotels in AtlantaEmbassy Suites in AtlantaDoubleTree Hotels in AtlantaMarriott Autograph Collection Hotels in AtlantaSonesta Hotels And Resorts in AtlantaComfort Inns in AtlantaChoice Hotels in AtlantaMarriott Hotels in AtlantaMotel 6 Hotels in AtlantaLa Quinta Inns & Suites in AtlantaSheraton Hotels in AtlantaPopular AmenitiesPopular Neighbourhoods
Morningside - Lenox Park HotelsDowntown HotelsPerimeter Center HotelsBuckhead HotelsAtlantic Station HotelsPoncey-Highland HotelsMidtown HotelsCumberland HotelsHotels near Little Five PointsHotels near Sylvan HillsPopular Atlanta Categories
Hotels with Balconies in AtlantaCondo Hotels AtlantaDesign Hotels in AtlantaHotels with Shuttle in AtlantaSuite Hotels in AtlantaHotels with Hot Tubs in AtlantaQuiet Hotels in AtlantaSpring Break Hotels in AtlantaLuxury Boutique Hotels AtlantaHotels with Nightclubs in AtlantaNear Landmarks
Hotels near Georgia AquariumHotels near World of Coca-ColaHotels near Atlanta Botanical GardenHotels near Fox TheatreHotels near Centennial Olympic ParkHotels near Zoo AtlantaHotels near Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic SiteHotels near Piedmont ParkHotels near National Center for Civil and Human RightsHotels near High Museum of ArtNear Airports
Hotels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Motels near Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl Airport (ATL)Near Colleges
Hotels near SAE Institute of Technology- AtlantaHotels near Atlanta Beauty & Barber Academy Doraville, GAHotels near Georgia State UniversityHotels near Grady Health System Professional Atlanta, GAHotels near Georgia Institute of TechnologyHotels near Brown College of Court ReportingHotels near Atlanta's John Marshall Law SchoolHotels near The Portfolio CenterHotels near Bauder CollegeHotels near Institute of Paper Science and Technology
All things to do in AtlantaAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Atlanta Botanical Garden: Tickets & ToursGeorgia Aquarium: Tickets & ToursMartin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site: Tickets & ToursNational Center for Civil and Human Rights: Tickets & ToursPiedmont Park: Tickets & ToursLEGOLAND Discovery Center: Tickets & ToursAtlanta History Center: Tickets & ToursWorld of Coca-Cola: Tickets & ToursMercedes Benz Stadium: Tickets & ToursZoo Atlanta: Tickets & ToursCollege Football Hall of Fame: Tickets & ToursTruist Park Tours: Tickets & ToursFox Theatre: Tickets & ToursJimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum: Tickets & ToursPonce City Market: Tickets & Tours
Atlanta Tourism and Travel: Best of Atlanta
Atlanta has been dubbed everything from the "capital of the new South" and "the next international city" to "the best place to do business." It's also a great place to visit. Fueled by the prosperity of local mega companies like Coca Cola and Holiday Inn, the prestige of hosting the 1996 Summer Olympic Games and the energy of young upwardly mobile types who have migrated to the city in droves - Atlanta is on fire. And this time it's a good thing. From world-class restaurants and a myriad of cultural attractions to a hip nightlife and sporting events galore, the city is cosmopolitan in every sense of the word. But Atlanta has also managed to maintain its historic character. Stop by the Atlanta History Centre or visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Historical Site, a moving tribute to an American icon. Browse through the former home of famous author Margaret Mitchell or pop into the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum for details on the life and times of the former president and his family. Whether you choose modern urban endeavors or old southern pleasures, Atlanta will not disappoint.
Start planning for Atlanta
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Explore Black Heritage and Culture
Trending in the forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Atlanta
Atlanta Camping Done Right
Got camping on your mind? Atlanta is surrounded by three phenomenal state parks with options for camping and glamping (for folks who need a tad more comfort). My guide even covers quirky roadside attractions, hidden food finds, and a mix of outdoor adventure. Go forth, friends, and enjoy nature.
Alex Temblador, Texas
- Fresh Air Bar-B-Que224Fresh Air Barbecue has aged well since it opened in 1929. As the oldest pit-cooked barbecue in Georgia, Fresh Air is a state institution serving up the best in barbecue and a legendary Brunswick Stew.
- Buckner's Family Restaurant360Buckner’s Family Restaurant takes the cake—erm, peach cobbler—for country cooking. Fried chicken, cornbread, and greens; does it get better than that?
- Old Car City71If you’re the type that loves the spooky vibe of junkyards where old cars go to die, you’ll be in heaven at Old Car City. Definitely bring your camera to capture that time gone by.
- High Falls State Park298Do go chasing waterfalls at High Falls State Park. Campgrounds and yurts make it easy for fishing enthusiasts to enjoy this outdoor Georgian mecca.
- Etowah Indian Mounds State Park226The Etowah Mounds State Historic Site is the most intact Mississippian Culture site in the Southeast. Take time to explore six earthen mounds from a community and culture that called this part of Georgia home between 1000 and 1550 AD.
- Cauble Park73Ready for more lake action? Make your way to Cauble Park for a sandy beach and lakeside swimming. Set on Lake Acworth, it’s serving up the ultimate lake day experience from dawn to dusk.
- Henry's Louisiana Grill1,221After a day spent hitting the trails at Red Top Mountain, clean yourself up real nice and head to Henry’s Louisiana Grill for some bayou favorites. Discover joie de vivre (the joy of living) through their most tasteful delicacies—jambalaya and boudin balls.
- Red Top Mountain State Park353You can’t beat the trifecta of outdoor recreation at this state park: a lake with a beach, 15-miles of hiking trails, and camping. If you’re feeling fancy, book a stay in the lakeside yurt.
- Stone Mountain Public House40Crepes and a glass of wine? Yes, please. Stone Mountain Public House is doing romantic kitschy dining right, and they welcome all with diverse food options for vegans and gluten-free eaters alike.
- BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir166You may spot a lot of marvelous things while camping—rare birds, shooting stars, waterfalls—but what about an enormous white stone Hindu temple? Little ol’ Liliburn, Georgia has just that in the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir. You don’t need to know much about architecture or Hinduism to fall hard for this glorious gem.
More Atlanta Picks
Iconic things to do
Top-rated by travellers