Interested in Bend?
We'll send you updates with the latest deals, reviews and articles for Bend each week.
Topics include Dining Scene, United States: For Foreign Visitors & more!
In Bend, hiking and biking are a big part of the lifestyle. Before and while visiting the region, you will probably want to know how you can maximize your knowledge of parks, trails, recommended equipment, best time of the year to hike, and all the information that you need. Some books that will answer yor questions and will help you plan you trip to the region (even if you have kids who don't like the idea of walking to enjoy nature) are:
- Best Easy Day Hikes Bend and Central Oregon by Lizann Dunegan;
- Insider's Guide to Bend and Central Orgeon by Leslie Cole and Jim Yuskavitch;
- Central Oregon Walks, Hikes and Stroll for Mature Folks, by MarshaJohnson;
- The Children's Travel Guide to Bend, Orgeon by Crystal McPage. This is a very nice book, it includes not only information to maximize your hiking experience with your kids but also lists cultural and fun activities for the whole family. Being a Bend resident (and having a son), Ms. Cage perfectly knows what she is talking about.
- Bend, Overall by Scott Cook. From the publisher: "Author Scott Cook brings you 50 outings less than an hour from Bend, leavened with his own observations and unique brand of humor." Hint - this is the one that the locals buy.