Topics include Transportation, Dining Scene, United States: For Foreign Visitors & more!
Activities can change depending on the time of year. Fall foliage season brings many extra events and festivals on the weekends
So here is a quick list of things and you can also check the forums so the next time you do visit, plan more than 1 day for sure!
1. Shenandoah National Park: Just a drive along Skyline Drive with stops at all the overlooks can take more than a day itself. If you want to take a hike or two, go horseback riding, go on a picnic, take a tour with a ranger, or just look at the magnificent views.
2. Luray Cavern, Carriage Museum, Carillon, and Garden Maze, easily a day of activities here.
3. Antique stores, art galleries, quaint shops, movie theater where you can practically have a theater to yourself at times.
4. Hawksbill Greenway, a wonderful hiking and biking trail through the town
5. A new performing arts center, numerous restaurants
6. A great Haunted House Experience
7. About a half dozen wineries withing 40 min drive, add another half dozen within an hour drive
8. A Nascar sanctioned race track
9. County Fair and Heritage Festival at the local Fairgrounds as well as other festivals, arts and crafts shows at different times of the year.
10. Canoeing or tubing on the Shenandoah River
11. Horseback riding in Fort Valley or at Jordan Hollow Stables or River Bend Ranch