We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
For many years now we have used VRBO, staying in many varied locations. This is the first property that did not supply common amenities such as paper towels, trash bags, dishwasher detergent, and no hair dryer. Tenants are expected to purchase at this property. Otherwise - the property was nice.
Visited July 2020
Written July 18, 2020. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
The location was awesome. The neighborhood is beautiful and well maintained - and the layout of the condo is great. We did have a few issues:
- Apparently all of the patio furniture had been brought inside the week prior b/c of a possible hurricane. The weather had been clear for several days - yet all of the furniture was still inside the living room on a dirty tarp that had dead bugs on it. The top of the table was on the ground on the patio and was incredibly heavy. My husband and I were not able to lift it - so I called the Vtrips office on Saturday and they advised someone would be out in 45 minutes. No one came - and my father in law ended up helping us - so I called the Vtrips office to cancel the service call. Then on MONDAY I got a call from Eric coming to set the table up and he stopped by.
- The carpet in the unit is very dirty and needs replaced. My socks were black after just a few hours. Luckily my young daughter walks - b/c I would not feel comfortable with a child crawling on the carpeted floor. I left that in my housekeeping survey and got a call back offering to come and shampoo the carpets on Saturday. I declined b/c our trip was only a few days - and I did not want to have wet carpet throughout the whole unit b/c it was not cleaned properly in the first place. The woman I spoke with was fairly rude and said "so to be clear - we are offering to clean the carpets - and you are declining - CORRECT?" I advised yes I am declining to interrupt my trip and have the carpets cleaned and be left with wet floor.
- The couch/pull out mattress. YIKES. The couch itself looks bad and is not that comfortable. When I pulled the bed out I was mortified. I can't believe they expect someone to sleep on it. The mattress has huge spots of either dirty water or blood.
- Overall deep-cleaning was lacking. I took pics but am not able to upload them. There was mold/mildew in several spots in the master shower and master bathroom along the caulking. The carpet had several stains.
- There is no beach access. I felt that was a bit misleading but be aware you will have to use the public beach which is about 10 minutes away.
Overall I'm a bit disappointed in what we received having spent over two thousand dollars. The unit has a lot of potential so I hope Vtrips takes the feedback and makes some positive changes.
Visited September 2019
Written September 16, 2019. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
This condo is much bigger than it looks. The kitchen opens to the eating a living areas. It's huge! We loved our master bedroom with french doors out to the lake. The screened porch was fun for coffee and cocktails (and gator sightings!). The place had everything we needed. Great washer and dryer and comfy furniture. Very clean and fresh. We'll be back. Oh, the shower in the master was a true treat!
Visited August 2018
Written August 19, 2018. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
Picture perfect. The unit looks just as shown. So peaceful and relaxing. Beds very comfortable. Kitchen well equipped. to prepare a full meal or warmup leftovers. Living room furniture could use updating. We had wonderful time.
Visited July 2018
Written July 22, 2018. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
This is ONE SPECIAL PLACE- what a home!- PERFECT everything- The house is one of the best on 50-75 we have stayed in over the last 30+ years- Beautifully maintained and decorated to the finest!- Many THANKS!
Visited July 2017
Written July 8, 2017. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.