This 5-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom waterfront house in Slidell sleeps 14 and won’t disappoint! With WiFi, a gas grill and more, you’ll feel right at home. Relax on the private dock surrounded by gorgeous scenery or enjoy plenty of outdoor recreation!
This waterfront oasis on the Geoghegan Canal, which boasts a massive 6,656 square feet of wonderfully appointed living space, is the perfect accommodation choice for a family or group of close friends searching for a rejuvenating Louisiana lake retreat. There’s also a small cottage situated on the same plot of waterfront land, which you can rent in addition to the main house for added space and privacy, making this property a wonderful option for multiple families traveling together.
Surrounded by green grass and pristine waterways, this property greets you with the beautifully serene ambiance found only in Slidell. You’re sure to experience the best of outdoor living here with a private, partially covered dock, which features a quaint picnic table, fishing spotlights and 2 large boat slips. Additionally, the private deck located on the second floor of the home offers breathtaking views of the water-rich surroundings. Look forward to beginning relaxing vacation days by sipping a warm cup of coffee on the deck, while admiring the sunrise’s stunningly vivid hues and observing the peaceful environment around you - nature lovers will be in paradise!
Everything you’ll need to be as comfortable as possible is here, including wireless internet access, in-unit laundry machines, a fully equipped kitchen with all necessary cooking appliances and 3 flat screen cable TVs - 1 of which is armed with a DVD player to appease all your entertainment needs! After spending the afternoon fishing and crabbing, return home to cook up the day’s catch on the gas grill. Once dinner’s ready, dine al fresco with the vibrant sunset over the canal serving as your backdrop. When the sun disappears and the air begins to cool, retreat to the master bedroom to curl up in the cloud-like queen-sized bed and rest up for the next exciting day!
Perhaps the best feature of this home is its phenomenal Slidell location. Here, you’ll find numerous wonderful attractions, including charming antique stores and mouthwatering cajun restaurants. The outdoor enthusiasts in your group will love filling their days with thrilling easy-to-access activities, including fishing, skiing, boating and hunting, just to name a few. If you own a boat, you can use the boat launch at Rigolets Marina, situated just down the street from the property. Throughout the duration of your stay, you may dock your boat in the home’s private dock and enjoy access to both Lake Catherine and Lake Borne - the 2 lakes that the canal empties into.
If you feel like venturing further from the property, drive 30 minutes to downtown New Orleans, offering the Superdome, Harrah’s Casino and the famed French Quarter, amongst countless other renowned attractions. Alternatively, Mississippi’s spectacular casinos are also 30 minutes away. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time here, this outstanding waterfront Slidell vacation rental home leaves nothing to be desired - reserve ‘Big Blue Crab’ for a Louisiana getaway you won’t forget!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, wireless internet access, in-unit laundry machines, 3 flat screen cable TVs, 1 DVD player, private deck, gas grill, and much more
- Enjoy the best of outdoor living on the private, partially-covered boat dock with spotlights for night fishing and spectacular canal views!
- Wonderful waterfront location - Easy access to Rigolets Marina, outdoor recreation, Mississippi casinos and New Orleans attractions!
- 'Little Blue Crab,' a 1-bedroom vacation rental cottage, sits on the same property and can be rented for additional space
- Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2: Twin-over-Full Bunk Bed
- Bedroom 3: Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4: 2 sets of Twin-over-Twin Bunk Beds
- Bedroom 5 (Office): Twin-over-Full Bunk Bed
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note that this home is located on the same property as a second, 1-bedroom vacation rental home. Additional guests may be staying on the premises during your stay
- While near the water, children must wear lifejackets at all times. Please remember to supply your own
- Additional fees and taxes may apply