Have the ultimate lakeside getaway by escaping to this wonderful Burnham vacation rental house. Nestled on the shores of Lake Winnecook, otherwise known as Unity Pond, with 2,528 acres of water recreation space, this peaceful abode is perfect for travelers looking to experience the best of Maine!
You’ll feel right at home the moment you arrive at this rustically charming 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom house, offering 2 stories, lots of pleasant wood floors and walls, and 2 separate living areas - one for watching TV and playing games, and the other for relaxing with a sweeping panoramic view of the lake. Each room is decorated with its own whimsical theme, such as a Moose Room, Deer Room, Light House Room, Loon Room, Bear Room, and Lake/Fish Room, all lovingly decorated with many delightful things to look at. All the amenities you need to feel as comfortable as possible during your stay are here, including a flat screen TV with DVD player, games for your entertainment, clean linens and towels, and a large eat-in kitchen, complete with all the necessary cooking appliances. Should you be in the mood for that smoky barbeque flavor, fire up the charcoal grill outside and prepare dinner while admiring the property’s immense natural beauty.
Look forward to being greeted by the calls of resident loons in the morning and evening. Start your vacation mornings by sipping a hot cup of coffee or tea while watching the glorious sunrise over the lake. Numerous floor-to-ceiling windows throughout the house boast stunning panoramic lake views, allowing you to thoroughly enjoy your incredible surroundings even from the comfort of indoors.
Lake Winnecook is known for its vast fishing diversity, abounding with brown trout, small and large mouth bass, perch and pickerel, to name a few. If you plan to bring your own boat, you’ll find a public state-owned boat launch located just east of the house. If you bring a canoe along with you, you can launch it right off the shore mere steps away from the home’s back door! 2 kayaks with rod holders and life jackets will be provided at the house for your use and enjoyment.
This property also serves as a great home base for exploring the region’s myriad of notable sightseeing opportunities, all situated within a 2-hour drive. These “must see” attractions include Bar Harbor, Acadia Park, Cadillac Mountain, Baxter State Park, Discovery Museum, Forest & Logging Museum, University of Maine’s Museum of Art, America’s first Fort Knox, Bangor Museum and Center for History, and many more. Bangor Airport, major shopping centers and department stores are conveniently just 30 minutes from the house. The golfers in your group will be pleased to find a terrific golf course located only 10 minutes away, visible from the lake. Regardless of how you plan to spend your time during your Maine retreat, this waterfront Burnham vacation rental home ensures a relaxing getaway you won’t forget anytime soon!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped eat-in kitchen, flat screen TV with DVD player, games, 2 living areas, charcoal grill, fire pit, private deck, and more
- Enjoy use of 2 provided kayaks with rod holders and life jackets!
- Fantastic waterfront location on the sunrise-view side of Lake Winnecook with panoramic lake views!
- Easy access to a wide variety of major area attractions!
- Master Bedroom (Bay Window Room): Full-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Moose Room): Full-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (Deer Room): Twin-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4 (Light House Room): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- A Full-sized Pullout Bed in the Living Room can accommodate extra guests
- No smoking
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Water: Like most seasonal homes in the area, this house draws water from the lake for all indoor plumbing purposes (showers, toilets, sinks, etc). For your convenience, water dispensers are provided inside the home in the kitchen and bathroom for easy water dispensing for 3 or 5-gallon water jugs. Please note that water jugs are not provided. Guests must provide their own water jugs for use during their stay
- Additional fees and taxes may apply