We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The house is super cute and Port A is awesome. Most of the folks we communicated with Pam, Alexis, etc were very helpful. Others not so much. They are getting 3 stars overall due to lack of prep, communication, condition of the house when we arrived, etc.
- Fully fenced yard for dogs! This property is pet friendly.
- Nice neighbors who we enjoyed chatting with when we ran into them.
- Private pool!
- Great sunsets out back!
- The house is cute and does the trick if you just want a mostly comfortable place to crash while visiting Port A.
- Mosquitoes with no real way to remedy them except to fog and feel sticky all day everyday from bug spray. (This was due to rain but we were told they had been there for days prior to our arrival).
- The smell. Between the marsh area behind it and what we think is a water treatment plant right next to it, we couldn't even bare to sit outside sometimes.
- Amenities. There was no blender, we arrived to stained (with tomato sauce or orange hair dye) bath towels. No blender (as listed), Microwave didn't work, dryer had blown fuse.
- One spot of the floor in the living room was definitely rotting underneath and felt very unsafe.
- Pool was super dirty and had to run the cleaning cycle 4 times before it was free of bugs, sand, and who knows what else.
- Yard maintenance people came and we were not told which was awkward because we were coming home to enjoy the pool only to find two strange men in the yard...
We were told by a neighbor to the house that this has been rented by people staying up until 3-4am partying. We were probably a welcome change since we are in bed by 9 most evenings. Even with dogs, we were quieter than what they have grown accustomed to this summer which is sad. We could tell what kind of people had been renting the place thanks to the beer cans/boxes, cigarette butts, etc in the yard. I'm not even sure they cleaned in between the folks before us and us.
Visited August 2022
Written August 30, 2022. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
I truly enjoyed my stay in this adorable loft home. Great creativity and thoughtfulness went into the decor, especially the outside area. I was thrilled it was fenced in completely and had several seating areas. The pool was a huge plus! We enjoyed watching the birds in “our backyard” and the beautiful uninterrupted view into the marshes and channel. Management was very responsive.
Visited August 2022
Written August 19, 2022. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.
Super cute property but it should be described as a studio with an additional loft bedroom, I couldn’t tell the layout from the pictures. It is completely open so there is very little privacy if you’re with more people than just your significant other, we were with another couple. Kitchen is very basic and you need to bring your own essentials like trash bags & paper towels. For us the pool and location made it worth it so we will be back!
Visited July 2022
Written July 5, 2022. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor does not check Vrbo reviews.